9

chapter nine.
aside from cigarettes, what else is unhealthy?

end of school trip.

yunhee's pov

my eyes feel so fucking annoying today, and it had to go puff when i needed to be in a good mood. but hey, look at me, sitting at the back of the school bus all alone without anyone wanting to take the seat next to me, so i'm not really in a good mood. and yeah, you're probably curious, but soobin and i haven't made up yet. last night was just a mess.

"let me go," i told soobin, pushing him away as i take a step back, "how about we just cool off for tonight and talk when i'm not a fucking mess?"

i'm still a mess this morning and soobin hasn't approached me, i'm assuming he got on the same bus with that bitch park eunbin in exchange for one of their classmates to sit here— even though he knows well that he's only making it worse for the two of us. is he really asking for a break-up? is he that kind of a jerk?

i scoff as i hear the bus' door open, "headcount, how many is that?" our class advisor asked, then beomgyu answered, "yeonjun's the last, sir!" i sighed and just looked at the window. the seat beside yieung is still open as well as mine, and i'm pretty sure yieung's going to invite him— and his cold, go with the flow ass will just accept.

"yeonjun, over here!" i hear yieung's voice, and i uncontrollably chuckled silently. damn, i know my friends really well. i look at their direction just to hurt myself at how pathetic i actually am, but surprisingly, yeonjun just walked past yieung and went over to my aisle.

"you know, i'd rather walk back home," yeonjun squinted his eyes, then proceeded to sit next to me, my heart started beating fast. holy shit, if yieung tells soobin that yeonjun's being like this, i'd be screwed, right?

but yieung being the dumbfuck she is, she'd probably just find yeonjun cool for saying that and let it slide. the one i'm really worried about is gaeun, she's acting like she doesn't care but she's actually a backstabber. i sighed as i saw yieung mumbling to herself, in which the words are obviously "wow, yeonjun's a badass.."

but what made me sigh in general, is yeonjun sitting next to me without fucking context. he's just sitting next to me right now without saying a word. what? is he trying to be mr. mysterious right now? heh, whatever. i should just be glad he took my open seat instead of yieung's fake ass.

¤

rian's pov

"girls, want to hang out after school?" i heard yunhee's voice, obviously asking her two fuckhead bitch friends to do some fake ass friendship trip to some karaoke bar. but i figured they'd say no, and i was partly right as i hear gaeun's annoying high-pitched voice reply; "i don't know, yunhee—"

"—if your boyfriend comes, then maybe?" gaeun completed her sentence, and i didn't need to look at their direction to know that gaeun's raising one of her brows to be intimidating. but she should know that i only find her as a bag of scum walking around the campus. i want to tear her seams apart.

"o-oh.." yunhee stuttered, and i had to look at her. damn, look at that pitiful fucking face-expression of hers. i can't even explain it, it's like she owns that look now and nobody could ever beat her in a contest with that category. "if he's coming, i'm coming too." gaeun added to her words.

"m-me too." yieung sided with gaeun, and i just rolled my eyes to look away. that sight is fucking disgusting to look at. gaeun's a money-boasting dick face while yieung's following wherever she's going, only because yieung needs and uses gaeun and her money.

funny, that's what their friendship looks like to me— if it even is one.

the last period ended and i decided to walk over to yunhee before they could go away. "hey, we need to talk about that sheet last time, in chemistry?" i asked her. gaeun gave me the stink eye and pulled yieung with her as they automatically walk away. that's about what i want happening, because whatever these two bitches do to yunhee, she's only going to be the one i'll casually talk to.

"rian.." yunhee mumbled, in loser tone, and i let out a sigh. asking her, "want to hang out?" and she gave the most wholesome smile of defeat.

"s-sure!"

¤

"just dump them," i told yunhee. she sighed and closed her eyes, then looked at the ground. "i can't dump them. because they're the ones who do that." she replied, and that almost made me lose my shit. "who the fuck decided that?" i asked her.

"i don't know," yunhee replied. i sighed, because i can't know more about her life more than she does, right? "anyway. your boyfriend's friends aren't your friends. lesson learned." i told her instead, again. then i sighed. she's so fucking hard to deal with. but because i'm me, i can't help but help her out.

"that really hit me deep," yunhee chuckled bitterly, which made me scoff, "well, i met the two of them through soobin too. so i'll lose them when i break up with him." she laughed at her own words, and that means she's also laughing at her own life.

i let go of my cigarette and i stomped on it as it fell the ground. "that's two for today," i told her, with a chuckle. "is that even good for your health?" she asked, and i chuckled, kicking the cigarette away from me.

"shit. easy question," i smiled, and yunhee looked a little intimidated— "of course it's not healthy," i answered.

"but keeping that mask up will kill you first; earlier and faster than me burning out my lungs with cigarettes." i added, which took yunhee aback, looking down to the ground in embarrassment.

of what?

her life?

better let go before you lose your hand, yunhee.

if you need help, reach out to family, friends, mental health professionals, or a local helpline