19

chapter nineteen.
rooftop stories.

yunhee's pov

"the number you have diaㅡ" i ended the call and lied down on my bed, sighing as i let go of my phone. "where are you?" i asked myself, or rather mr. moon in my imaginary line to him. i've done this a few times now, damn son.

i picked up my phone again and scrolled up and down on my few contacts. then there my brain goesㅡ highlighting yeonjun's name as i pass by it.

'choi yeonjun'

"here's my number," yeonjun gave me back my phone. i looked at the contact name he put and it was just his full name. i thanked him and nodded, "it's not like we'll call each other though." i replied as i locked my phone and put it back inside my pocket.

"who knows? maybe i'll call you some time."

that contact name is too.. bland? if someone stole my phone and checked the contacts, they'd probably think that yeonjun isn't someone i'm close to. and when is that some time even going to come?

how about.. i call him now? meh. kidding. he must be sleeping at this hour already.

i sat down and sighed again as i looked out the window beside my bed. i peeked at the sky to try and see the moon but it was already somewhere out of sight due to the time. 12:01 am really be keeping the moon hidden from my window, huh?

how about i go to the rooftop for the meantime? even though it's probably freezing cold up there, at least i can see the moon and maybe get a peace of mind up there and get myself sleepy.

i brought my phone as i stood up and tip toed my way out of our unit. it was dark and empty in the living room but i ain't no pussy to be scared of that shit. i opened and closed the door carefully but there was still slight shrieking, but thankfully nobody's awake to hear me.

i started walking faster through the hallway and up the stairs quietly, hoping that no serial killer is following me.

my delusional ass started to panic as my phone started ringing and vibrating in my hands. fuck i didn't put it on silent! i'm so fucking stupid! who the fuck is calling me at this hour?!

i hurriedly accepted the call and read the contact name 'choi yeonjun' for a quick second. "hello?!" i yelled in a whisper, angry. he's still awake at this hour?! and damnㅡ he called when i was literally joking about calling hin earlier in my headㅡ what a coincidence.

"hey," yeonjun answered in a soft voice. and come to think of it, this is the first time that i'm hearing his voice through the phone. because when he left years ago, we never got to talk from a distance. so now, the feeling is just.. too comfortable for me to handle.

his voice sounds exactly like mr. moon's too.

i felt my face burn all of a sudden as i got that weird feeling in my stomach and down to my knees, having me a little weak. i continued my way up the stairs as i replyㅡ "why're you calling me so late at night?" i asked, suddenly chuckling because of the nervousness.