26

chapter twenty six.
cans of coffee clinking.

"i can't believe you're the founder of insomnia hotline!!" i exclaimed at beomgyu

"i can't believe you're the founder of insomnia hotline!!" i exclaimed at beomgyu. he laughed like some almighty king when i said that, making me pout to myself, "y'all are slick, gotta admit." i acknowledged.

taehyun and kai nodded there heads in sync, eyes closed and soobin in the corner just looked worried about how professional they all seemed. we're currently in the student council room after classes, so it's totally fine to hang out like this since the other officers already went home like the usual.

"so, election day.. huh," rian mumbled to herself, "you excited about proposing insomnia hotline to the school?" she asked, looking unconvinced, "if pranksters start to target you, that'll become a pain in the ass."

"that's not a problem. we'll threaten pranksters using you," yeonjun joked in, laughing to himself, rian looked unimpressed, but she was still holding a little of laughter inside her.

"that's future beomgyu's problem," beomgyu told them to keep things short. i just shrugged my shoulders, "well, goodluck future beomgyu."

"how about we do a celebration party tonight?" kai asked in a proud-ass tone, everyone looked at him and telepathically asked a 'for what?' and he looked embarrassed of himself before answering, "advanced party before we announce the hotline tomorrow! or like yunhee-mission-success-thingie!"

"not all of us are allowed to stay out at night," soobin butt in, and that's probably the most confident thing he's said ever since he started coming with us. "plus, there's curfew," yeonjun went with him, so my worries of soobin being out of place went bye-bye.

"well, so are you guys in or not?" beomgyu asked, "because i am."

¤

"we're almost there. i'm hanging up!" i heard beomgyu from the phone. yeonjun pulled it away from his ear and i moved my head away, "well, you heard him," he told me, shrugging his shoulders.

i chuckled and just kept my hand inside my coat pockets instead of opening my phone as well. "it's getting cold. you think it'll snow tonight?" yeonjun asked. i sighed, mumbling, "don't know."

10:26 pm.

of course the school wasn't an option for a place to meet up atㅡ instead, i picked the venue, and it was at the iconic playground of memories! it's currently empty and yeonjun said he recalled sneeking out at night some times in the past without getting caught by some patrolling neighborhood cops.

it's currently empty, and the two of us decided to go together, and the others are a bit late. so we're alone together now.

"how many nights have we been together already?" yeonjun asked out of nowhere, and i started counting from the top with my fingers, which made yeonjun chuckle? the school trip? um.. rooftop, andㅡ "including talking on the phone?" i asked, which yeonjun either found stupid or adorable, but he just chuckled to himself again.

"i was just asking for the drama, you didn't need to actually count 'em all," he told me. i pouted and realized that i was actually being stupid. i was so serious about it even!ㅡ whatever.

"you're not going to leave again.. are you?" i just had the sudden urge to ask this, because i'm an anxious bitch. yeonjun smiled, like he was unsure, but when he took his time to think about it, he shook his head, "no, i don't think i will." he answered (captain america meme be like).

"and that's a promise," he added.

i looked up to the sky and chuckled in my head.

i have a bad memory on promises,

but i can trust you, right?

i winked my left eye because i saw white cottons. snow!! it's snowing. the only reaction i could do was open my palms and smile bitterly, "this is the first snow, right?" yeonjun asked, excited.

he stood up and made a spin. do it again! jkㅡ i laughed at how cute he was. but wait, is this really the first snow? because that would be really amazing and wholesomeㅡ

"it's winter.. and yeonjun still isn't coming back."

wow, that's a depressing flashback to what i said a few years ago. and thanks to that, now i feel like crying my eyeballs out. he's here now, and the sadness is over.

all the hardships are over. just like that. i didn't even expect things to be that easy, i had a goal in my mind, but nothing really made me want to do it, all i had were reasons not to do it. but hey, yeonjun came, and i opened up, and thanks to that, it all got solved somehow.

this first snow is a reminder that everything will be okay.

i then saw everyone from the distance, walking towards us. beomgyu beside soobin, and rian between taehyun and kai.

i couldn't help but smile to myself even though i was kind of aware that i'd only look like a sad idiot in such a happy occasion. i mean, we are celebrating the success of the first case in insomnia hotline, right? and that's my case!

"it's freeeeeeezing," rian sat next to me, hugging herself, "i knew this would be a bad idea," she mumbled to me. i just laughed at her and watched the others settle down.

"thankfully, we bought coffee!" kai's loud-ass voice yelled out loud. "keep it down, stupid!" beomgyu whispered to him as he started giving out the can of coffee from the plastic bag he was holding. so that's why they were slightly lateㅡ i thanked kai as he gave me my coffee, still smiling.

"thank god.." yeonjun muttered, sitting back down next to me while holding his drink. i smiled and opened mine as well as he did.

"guys, let's do a toast." beomgyu proposed, holding his can midair.

"toast? we don't have bread though," soobin said in pout-y language, clueless. everybody laughed at him and explained all at the same time, "like drink- cheers! kanpai! keonbae!" mixed words which just made me laugh.

rian held her drink out and so did i, and everybody clinked their cans to each other, "cheers to insomnia hotline!" beomgyu hoorayed with a sad & proud smile. everybody smiled widely and said "cheers!" as well, before taking a gulp on their seperate cans.  this coffee is good, still hot btw.

everybody exhaled in a refreshing way after drinking, leaving white smoke in the air, lit by the street post light.

i'm so glad i'm with them tonight. the amount of comfortableness i'm feeling right now is unexplainable to the point that i even feel like randomly dancing to PSY in the center even when i don't do that.

gosh. i chuckled to myself like an idiot for no actual reason, everyone looked at me weirded out, but i just smiled to myself. it's been a ride.

but this is where my story ends, huh..?

if you need help, reach out to family, friends, mental health professionals, or a local helpline