Chapter 2

I sat down in my window seat, put my seat belt on and instantly fell asleep.

I woke to someone tapping me on my shoulder. "Excuse me miss but we are serving lunch now" the airhostess said. "Oh sorry" I was passed my meal and began to eat my ham sandwich. I was so tired! I drifted back to sleep once I handed my tray back. I had a dream about opening a new shop. It was a bakery. I've always had an interest in baking but never really thought of making a living out of it. I was going to take a course at university but I just wanted to leave.

"Ma'am we will be landing very shortly" the same airhostess came over again. "Thanks" I say whilst yawning. I glance over at the window to see my new home. The first thing I could think of was 'oh I wonder where Norman lives'. I didn't even think about getting to my new apartment. Oh my what if we live in the same building! Ok I need to calm down.

It was a bumpy landing but the flight was great. I can't believe I slept pretty much the whole flight, I never do that. I went to collect my luggage and get a taxi to take me to my new apartment. The traffic was quite bad so it was a long ride. The driver noticed my British accent and kept talking rubbish so I just kept nodding my head, trying to be polite. I've been to the US plenty of times. But they were just 2 week holidays to Florida. I've been 8 times! That's the reason I chose to move. I did want to move to Florida but New York is where dreams come true and mine way just about to. "That will be $10 miss" The driver said as I got out my purse and paid him. I dragged my suitcase out with me thanking the driver. I looked around to see a tall posh building standing infront of me. "Wow, I live here?" I whispered to myself.

I walked up to the reception to collect my keys and headed to the elevator. My new apartment was on floor 25 which was the top floor. The doors opened and I was faced with a long hallway with four doors. Mine was the one at the end. I pressed my key into the door and turned it. I was greeted with a large modern room with a long black leather couch, a MAHOOSIVE flat screen tv and a beautiful balcony with an amazing view of the city. I closed the door behind me and to my left was the kitchen/dining area. There were black and silver cabinets on the wall with a small island in the middle for eating. As I carried on walking past the kitchen there was my bedroom, it was quite large but it was empty with white walls. There was also a smaller guest bedroom and the bathroom had a shower and bath in it. "Shit I need to go shopping and get some food in" I said to myself as I grabbed my key and walked out my door but bumped into something hard which sent me to the ground.

"Wow sorry love I didn't see you there" a tall dark man offered me his hand and I gladly took it. "Sorry I wasn't really looking, kind of in a hurry." I said looking him up and down. He had raybans on, dark jeans, a leather jacket and a motorcycle helmet under his arm. "You must be the new person moving in" he said with a smile. "Yeh I'm new to the area, well actually the country." I said looking down at the floor "Well I'd love to show you around sometime" he said while finally letting go of my hand. "Yeh that would be cool. Do you mind telling me where the nearest supermarket is?" I said as I leaned back against the wall so I could get a better view him. He looked very familiar but I couldn't quite tell who I was thinking of. "Yeh erm 4 blocks to left of the building...I could give you a lift if you want, just need to grab another helmet and some money" he asked turning to face his door which was next to mine. "Erm are you sure? I don't want to be a bother" I shyed away closer to my door. I don't know who he is but I can feel that I trust him. "Nah I need to go get some things anyway" he headed towards his door nodding his head so I would follow him. I walked into his apartment and closed the door. It was the same layout as mine but his was bigger than mine. "How long have you lived here then?" I asked leaning against the door. "A few years...just me and my son, he comes over and spends the night about 3/4 times a week when his mother lets him" he passed me a helmet and we walked to the elevator side by side. As we stepped in he said "I've only just realised I don't know your name ha" he extended his arm out so we could shake hands. "I'm Beth, Beth Smith" I took his hand in mine and stared into his glasses. "Well it's very nice to meet you Beth" he raised my hand to his face and lightly kissed my hand. I let out a giggle and covered my mouth with my free hand. Shit why did I do that?! I went red and could feel his eyes on me and I looked down at the floor. He moved my head up to look at me with his other hand. "Don't do that" " do what?" I met his eyes. Wait he's taken off his glasses. OH MY GOD. It can't be. I stepped back through the doors as they opened. His face looked puzzled. I kept walking away backwards not looking where I was going. I ended up hitting the glass window with a thump as he continued after me still with the same look on his face. IT'S FUCKING NORMAN REEDUS!!! I was about to faint when a pair of strong arms wrap around me and carry me bridal style back up to my floor. I blacked out.