chapter 1

"Hunny come on you've got to get up! Toady is the day!" My mother yelled from downstairs. "Ughhh 5 more minutes" I moaned. "Hurry up, your flight is in 3 hours and it takes an hour just to get to manchester airport." I quickly dragged myself out of my doule bed and ran downstairs to get a glass of orange juice and a bowl of cereal. "Are you looking foward to your flight?" Mum asked. "Yes mum, you know how much I love them! I'm glad it's an 8 hour flight!"

I quickly ran upstairs, had a shower and brushed my teeth. I wore my blue skinny jeans which hung from my hips, a long black top that was tucked in my pants so people can't see my underwear and a baggy jumper.

"I'm in the car. I've got your suitcase in the back. Hurry up!" My mum yelled from the car as I stepped out the door. I turned around to look at my house. I've grown up here. Had so many good memories with my family. Not so many whilst being alone. I tugged my sleaves over my wrists, surely that can't be my last thing I think of before I say goodbye.

I locked the door and headed for the car. I didn't say goodbye to many people. Not many people know I'm leaving. My parents, brother and my grandparents. I did tell my friends I was leaving but not when. I didn't feel the need to say goodbye. I've drifted apart from most of my friends.

They didn't want to meet me so I didn't bother asking if they wanted to meet me. I don't need them, I'm sure I'll make more in New York.

It was a quiet drive to the airport. My mum wasn't too happy about me leaving, especially as I'm only 18 but she knows how much it means to me.

As we pulled up to the entrance I turned to face my mum, she started welling up. "Please don't cry mum" I said as I started to feel tears roll down my cheeks. "It's just my little girl is leaving and I won't get to see you for a few months" We climbed out of the car and I got my suitcase out. I looked at my mum as we wrapped our arms around each other. "I'm gonna miss you mum" I stepped back from her. "I'll miss you too sweetie. Promise you'll call when you can" "I will, bye mum!" I walked away from my old life. I'm going to make things right, starting with me. New York is were I will finally be allowed to be me.

A/N Hey readers! I'll update when I can, I'm not setting certain times. What's your first impressions of Beth? Hope you enjoy :)