Chapter 34

Beth's POV

We were still in England. We had one day left here then we'd be going back home. Norman has hardly touched me since the other night. He said he doesn't want to push things. He started wearing shirts to bed which was strange. It was like he was pushing me away.

I'd been to the local doctor to get back on birth control so there wasn't a chance of me getting pregnant. "Beth.." I was pulled out of my thoughs by my mother. "Huh?" She laughed. "Where is Norman?" I looked around the room. "Erm I think he's asleep. He's a bit shy around people." My auntie and uncle were still over from the party.

I went upstairs to check in him. He was curled up on my side of the bed with a pillow in his arms. I walked up to him and took the pillow away and replaced it with my body. He tightened his grip on me. "Come on baby, time to get up." I kissed his head. He still had jet lag. "Come on it's almost lunch time." I nudged him. He let go of my and turned over. "Norm you can't stay in my bed all day" I sat up and got out of bed. "Norman get your lazy arse out of bed" I went around my bed and crouched down next to his face. I moved his hair from his face and tucked it behind his ear. "Fine I won't make you any pancakes." I got nothing again. That usually gets him up. "Fine stay here all day." I got up and left.

"Is he up?" My aunt asked as I sat down. "Well he was but he's being moody. He wants to stay there all day." I made myself a bowl of cereal. "He's just not used to the times over here. I'm sure he'll be back to normal soon." She assured me. I nodded my head.

The door opened and out came a sleepy Norman in his pjs. I looked up at him and gave him a smile and got nothing in return. He rubbed his eyes. "I'll go make you some coffee." He sat in my seat while I went into the kitchen. I also grabbed him a bowl of cereal.

I walked back in to see everyone chatting but him. He was sat playing on his phone. "Here you go." I passed him his things. "Thanks" I sat down next to him and began twirling my hair around my finger.

Once Norman had finished my aunt and uncle started asking him questions. "So Norman, what attracted you to my young neice." He looked down at me and I smiled. "That" He pointed to my lips. "Huh? Her lips?" He laughed as he shook his head. "No, her smile. I think it's beautiful." I burried my head into his neck. "And how did you two meet?" I hid my face even more. It was so embarrassing. "Well this one was moving into the apartment next door so I had to go check out who it was. I opened the door, she looked at me and all I could see was this smile. So she said she needed to get groceries so I offered to take her. I didn't actually need any but I just wanted to find out more about her. Well we got in the elevator and I took my glasses off, she instantly knew who I was and tried getting away from me. Then she fainted, I caught her and that's it to be honest." There was a loud chorus of 'awes'. I looked up to see Norman with a slight blush on his cheeks. "Well that's sweet." Norman brought his arm around my shoulder and I cuddled up to him. He leaned down to my ear and whispered "I'm sorry" I quickly kissed his cheek without anyone seeing, letting him know I forgive him.

"I'm going for a shower." I went up the stairs and Norman follower. "And no you're not joining me, Mr Reedus." I winked down at him. He blushed a little and went straight into my room. I knew what was up with him but I didn't know how to bring it up with him. I had decided to just say whatever popped into my head. I followed him into my room. He was sat down on my bed on his phone. "Norm we need to talk." He looked up at me with shock on his face. I guess I could have worded it better. "Oh, don't worry it's not what you think." He relaxed and put his phone down. I sat on my bed across from him and crossed my legs. I took his hands in mine. "It's just you've been really distant and I miss you." I rubbed his hands with my thumbs. "Well I'm right here Beth." I looked up to his eyes. "I know you are but...it's like you don't want to talk to me anymore...or touch me." He looked up at me and saw the pain in my eyes. "I'm sorry it's just I don't want to hurt you again." I sighed. "Norm you didn't hurt me the other night, I stopped us from going too far. I'm back on birth control, we're alright." "I know Beth, I'm sorry baby. I'm trying I really am."