Chapter 19

Ragini was sitting in her room, lost in thoughts about her conversation with Swara.

Ragini's POV

Hame patha hai ki jo bhi Swara bol rahi hain wo hamari balayi keliye hain. Par Dadisa se is bhare mein kaise bhaat kar sakthi hoon main?

(I know that whatever Swara said is for my good. But how can I talk to Dadisa about this?)

No, Ragini, you can't accept defeat before even talking to Dadisa. Not everyone is lucky enough to get opportunities and placement calls. I mustn't lose this chance because of my fear.

Preethi said that if they find someone willing to work, then they might hire that person. I have to hurry up. I think I must talk to everyone tonight.

But I must be careful. I shouldn't blabber any nonsense. I have to practise what I want to say. Let me do that now.

*Ragini's POV ends*

Thus, a very anxious Ragini spent the two hours rehearsing for the upcoming storm, before moving to the dining room to join Gadodia elders for dinner.

The Gadodia men were busy discussing their business when they saw Ragini coming from her room. This confused them as Ragini usually would spend this time to prepare dinner. They decided to question her after dinner and sat down. The Gadodias had a silent dinner. Once they were done, Deendayal was about to ask Ragini why she didn't come down earlier, when Parvati stole the honours.

Parvathi: Laado, why didn't you come and help me in the kitchen today?

Ragini: Sorry dadisa. This won't happen again.

Shekar: Ragini, it's ok. Ma, I already told you not to bother her. Let her do what she wants. It's her wish.

This made Parvathi furious. She thought Shekar would forget everything and she would again rule over them. But she was yet to know that her dream would shatter soon.

Shekar: But Laado, what happened to you? Are you fine?

Ragini: Yes, baba. I am fine. I wanted to think about my life and decide what I want to do. I was finally able to conclude.

Shekar: What is it, Beta?

Ragini: Baba, I realized that no matter how much I change myself, I will never be happy with the change as it is not my decision. I will always be looking for opportunities to please others. This will never give me any happiness. I want to be happy with my life. Hence, I decided that I won't change myself.

Shekar and Deendayal were happy with her decision as even they felt the same.

Deendayal: I am impressed, Laado. Your decision is 100% right.

Even Parvathi couldn't deny the fact that Ragini made the right decision.

Ragini: Dadaji, I want to rethink about Maheshwaris proposal.

This confused all of them.

Shekar: What do you mean, Ragini? Don't you want to meet Laksh tomorrow?

Ragini: Baba, I want to meet Laksh and get to know more about him. I want to be sure that Laksh is the one I want to marry. I can't marry someone who I don't like. So, baba please tell the Maheshwaris that even if Laksh says yes, my decision might be different. It may or may not be yes.

This shocked the Gadodias. Shekar and Deendayal realized that their Ragini had grown up and was willing to fight for her rights. Shekar liked this grown-up Ragini as he always wanted his daughter to stand up for herself. Deendayal, on the other hand, realized that denying Ragini her rights would turn her into a rebel. He knew well that if Ragini turns into a rebel, she will go very far away from them. This was something which he was not looking forward to. So, he decided to accept Ragini's demands.