Chapter 9

The ladies of Maheshwari family were working in the kitchen, making evening snacks. Sujatha was feeling anxious from morning. She felt she was going to meet someone. She was chopping potatoes absent-mindedly and was about cut her finger, when Pari stopped her.

Pari: Chachi, what happened to you? You were about to cut your finger.

Sujatha: Don't know Pari. I am feeling anxious from morning. I feel something is going to happen.

Uthara was about to say something, when they heard the calling bell. Uthara rushed to the door to open it. Durgaprasad, Ramprasad and Adarsh had returned home after a hectic day at office. Laksh had come back from college earlier than usual and had gone to his room to freshen up.

Durgaprasad: Uthara tell your Badi ma to prepare Aloo puri today.

Uthara: Ok Bade papa.

The gents went to their respective rooms to freshen up, while Uthara went to kitchen to help the ladies.

Uthara: Badi ma, bade papa wants to have aloo puri for dinner.

Sujatha, who was chopping potatoes, stopped her work and turned to Uthara.

Sujatha: What? Aloo puri?

Uthara: Yes ma.

Sujatha: Even my Sanskar loved aloo puri.

Annapurna: Suja, please don't cry. Sanskar won't like it. Now smile (Sujatha smiled listening to Annapurna) Now let us finish this faster.

They again started working faster. After 10 minutes, the doorbell rang again. Uthara again went to open the door. However, she was stunned to see Manusha standing at the door step with someone hiding behind her. After a second, Sanskar came forward. Uthara, after seeing Sanskar, stood still for some time and then ran inside the house. She shouted for everyone.

Uthara: MA, PAPA, BADEPAPA, BADIMA, ADY BHAI, PARI BHABHI, LUCKY BHAI. PLEASE COME OUT.

Annapurna, Sujatha, Pari and Lucky came out immediately.

Annapurna: Uthara, what happened beta? Why did you call us out?

Uthara: Badi ma, actually....

Manusha: Because Bhayu is here Badi mausi.

Everyone looked towards the door to find Manusha along with Sanskar standing there. All were stunned. The son, whom they thought is no more, is standing in front of them. This was not possible. They had received information that their son died. They felt they all are dreaming together. Sujatha pinched Uthara tightly.

Uthara: Ouch ma, what are you doing?

Sujatha: It means I am not dreaming. My Sanskar has come. My son has come. He is alive.

Sujatha hurriedly rushed towards him with a worry that he might vanish soon. She hugged him tightly and started crying. Sanskar hugged his mother, assuring her that he won't go away now. Sujatha had not shed a drop of tear from the day when Sanskar went. She always had a belief that her son is alive and will come to her one day. When he is finally back, she couldn't control her tears. They were flowing a lot. Sanskar broke the hug slowly.

Sanskar: Ma, I have come back and I won't go anywhere now. Please stop crying. Please.

Sujatha slowly controlled herself and stepped back. She was having a bright smile on her face. Annapurna, who was standing behind Sujatha, slowly came forward and kept her hand on his head. Her eyes were filled with tears. Soon, she hugged him and started crying. Sanskar consoled Annapurna softly. No matter what, his Badi ma always loves him. Annapurna slowly left and gently scolded him.