Chapter 11

Life is always unpredictable. It shocks us at the most unexpected point of life. This is what Ragini felt hearing Laksh. Ragini always believed that whatever her dadisa say is the truth and will always happen. This was what she believed for her marriage proposal too. She believed her dadisa when her dadisa said that Laksh would marry her. She was not able to understand anything. But she understood that her Baba was worried about this which was he spoke to her dadisa. She now remembered what she heard.

Flashback

Ragini was so happy with the news of her marriage and was dancing around her room. Her happiness knew no bounds. While dancing around, she suddenly remembered that she forgot about preparations for dinner. She decided to ask her dadisa what she should cook and moved towards her room when she heard her baba's voice.

Shekar: Ma, why did you tell Ragini that she will marry only Laksh? We have just matched the Kundlis. We haven't even spoken to the Maheshwaris yet. Instead of asking her if she likes Laksh, you directly ordered her to accept Laksh as her husband. This is not right.

Parvathi: Arey Shekar, the proposal came from them. We didn't ask them to consider Ragini as the potential bride. They have themselves asked for Ragini's hand. Don't you know Durgaprasadji? He is our Marwadi samaj head. How do you expect him to go against his values? He will not back off from this relation. Ragini will marry Laksh.

Shekar: Ma, but what if Laksh doesn't like Ragini and doesn't want to marry her? Ragini will be broken.

Parvathi: Shekar, our Ragini is a gem. Of course, Laksh will like her. If he doesn't agree, then I am sure Durgaprasadji will convince him the way your Bhapusa convinced you. So, relax.

Shekar: Convince? You mean force me? Yes, Bhapusa did force me which is why I lost all my happiness. I really hope Laksh is not a coward like me.

Shekar left the room before Parvathi could say something. Ragini, who heard all this, was confused. She didn't understand why her baba was forced and why he is unhappy. No matter how much she thinks, she was not able to get anything. She brushed off the topic thinking about dinner preparation and went to ask Parvathi about what to cook.

Flashback ends

Ragini had not understood her father's concerns back then. But now listening to Laksh, she realized what her father to convey. She wished she had spoken to her dad instead of her dadi. She became teary-eyed. Seeing Ragini's face, Shekar felt very bad. He wished he took a stand for his daughter. Had he spoken to her earlier, then she would not have been thins broken. While Shekar was sad for his daughter, Deendayal was furious at his wife. He had told her a number of times to not tell Ragini until Laksh agrees. Now not only was his granddaughter sad, but also his respect was at stake. Parvathi had informed anyone and everyone thatRagini was going to get married to the son of Maheshwaris and the engagementdate will be finalised the day Laksh meets Ragini in front of the elders. Now,he would have to face the taunts. He wished he had stopped his wife at least untilthe engagement.

Parvathi, on the other hand, was shocked. She was not able to understand why Laksh wanted time. Where did they go wrong? She had planned everything thoroughly. Decorations were done under complete supervision of Deendayal and Shekar. She had cooked everything herself. She made sure that Ragini was properly dressed. She had even instructed Ragini on how she should behave and what she must say. Before their arrival, she had even cross-checked everything twice. Then, how could something go wrong? She was not able to pinpoint where they went wrong. She then decided to speak to Laksh and try to change his decision.