Chapter 17

Swara's sleep was disturbed by a phone call. She cursed the person who called her this early in her mind and picked the call sleepily.

Swara: Hello.

O.S: So, my girlfriend doesn't have a habit waking up before 8.

Swara: Hello mister. Who are you?

O.S: You hurt me sweetheart. It is Sanskar here.

Swara immediately sat up straight on her bed.

Swara: Hi Sanskar. How are you? How come you called me this early?

Sanskar removed the phone from his ear and stared at it, amused by Swara's change in attitude.

Swara: Hello? Sanskar? Hello?

Sanskar came back to his senses and spoke to her.

Sanskar: Haan Swara. I am here. It is 8 and you are saying I called very early. Or is it early for you?

Swara: 8? WHAT? I am late for my meeting. I will talk to you in the evening Sanskar. I am really sorry.

Sanskar: Relax, Swara. It's alright. You go and get ready. I will talk to you later. Love you Bye.

Swara: Love you a lot Sanskar. Bye!!!

Swara rushed to get dressed, while Sanskar kept smiling at Swara's behaviour. He had never seen Swara like this. It actually surprised him that in spite of having a meeting the next day, Swara had arranged for their dinner date. He felt blessed and proud of his girl. He then decided to get ready as if he doesn't then he too will get late.

Rocker's Studio

Swara reached the Rocker's studio just on time for the meeting with Guptas. The Rocker's studio was a simple 3 room apartment space in the Durga ma office complex. One of the rooms was converted into the workstation for music practise, while another one was converted into a conference room. The last one was used as a pantry which was attached to a restroom too.

Swara entered the conference, apologising to her friends for being late. Her friends were fine with it as this was the first time Swara had been late.

Swara: Hasn't Mr Gupta reached yet?

Jannat: No not yet. He might reach anytime now. I think it's better if you check your guitar once. We all have checked ours.

Swara nodded and went to check her guitar. She then came back just in time to welcome Mr Gupta.

Mr Ghanshyam Gupta is a well-known Jeweller, who has been religiously continuing their family business. His son, Gaurav Gupta, had joined their business 2 years back and has improved the business by many folds. The Gupta princess, Gamya Gupta, was all set to tie the knot with the love of her life. She had expressed her wish to have the Rockers perform during her wedding. Gaurav, who loved his sister a lot, decided to meet them and give them a contract for the same.

The Rockers welcomed Gaurav and conducted the meeting. The meeting was successful and it was decided that the Rockers will decide the songs and share it with Gaurav soon. Just before leaving, Gaurav turned to Swara.

Gaurav: Ms Bose, I had seen you with Mr Sanskar Maheshwari yesterday. I must say I was amazed by your proposal. I wanted a small help from you. If you don't mind?

Swara: Sure. How may I help you?

Gaurav: I like Uthara a lot. But I never had the chance to talk to her. If you don't mind, can you please give me her number?