Moving Day

"Mother, why do we have to move away?" I wined, "I miss my friends and cousin Yuki and...and."
" and you'll love your new home," she cuts me off.
"How do you know?"
"Because there's a wonderful garden and beautiful cherry trees. All you can imagine is there. Oh, and a basement is there so you could jump in the laundry and make a pillow fort in our huge living room."
"Listen to your mother, Sakae, she can tell the future," dad lied.
I pouted and turned my head towards the mid open window. There were cobwebs all over the forest along with moths, fungi, dry trees, and rocks covered in moss.
It took a while to get to our house. "We're here " dad parked the car in front of the abandoned house.
"Yay!" Xuki, my 5 year old sister, opened the door and ran towards the yard.
"Be careful, Xuki," my dad shut the door of our grey jeep, " there might be fire red ants crawling around."
"Okay!" She skipped along the yard.
"Sakae ," my mom opened the door, " why you're not outside?"
"Because I don't like this place."
"Sakae, how can you judge a book by it's cover?"
"By looking at it," I put my head between my knees.
My mom looked furious " Sakae ! Get out, now!"
I got out and ran fast. I sat on a rock which has fungi and moss on it.
"Sakae ?" Xuki ran towards me, " you wanna play 'it'?"
"No."
"Why not?"
"Because it's called Tag," I tapped her and ran, "tag, your it!"
"Hey! That's not fair," she ran after me.

иσσи

We cleaned up the living room and the kitchen. We just need to clean the attic, basement, three bathrooms, four stair ways, four bedrooms, library room, and the hallways. That's hard work so I took a break. I took out my coloring books and my crayons.
My husky, Kai, is taking a nap along with Xuki. My mom walked into the living room, "Sakae?"
"Yes mother?" I looked back at her.
"It's almost dinner time, but we need more rice cakes. Can you go into town to get me a pound of rice grains?"
"Okay," I hopped up from the floor, "can I take Kai with me?"
"Sure, honey," she walked back into the kitchen to get me my supplies then she walked towards me, "here are some money that can buy you one pound of rice for around 900 yen. Take your bike and a leach to tie up Kai in the city."
"Okay," I took the leach and 900 yen in my hands, "but, how will I get back home?"
"Here's a bag with a phone, a compass, and a map. If anything happens, my phone number is in there," she handed me the bag.
"Okay mother," I stuffed everything in the large, pink bag covered with yellow flowers.
"Kai!" I whispered and she quickly stood up. "Let's go!"
I walked outside and had a bike with a passenger seat on the right side to hold Kai without me tipping over.
Kai jumped onto the seat and I road off waving goodbye to mom and dad. Knowing that the city is 2 miles away and it's going to take a while to get back home before night time.