Sakae's Dad

Hiryu's pov
___

Me and Kai left the castle to declare the victory to Sakae and the idiot demon. According to the maids, they have left to Sakae's house.
So anyways, we were walking through the forest.
"Hey." Kai said out of nowhere.
"Hi... You look tired."
"*yawn* Yeah. Did you know that I get tired from using all my energy." She collapsed on the floor.
"Kai? You okay?" I rubbed her stomach to see if she'll wake up.
She didn't. She was snoring like a little dog that she is and she had a little bubble coming out of her nose.
"Ugh." I lifted her up and placed her in my sweater to be warm. The sun is starting to set and it's getting chilly.
I can't wait until fall's over and winter comes. I thought. I finally get to make a little dragon cave under all the snow.

***

I saw someone lying in the woods. It was a grown man with dark brown hair. His whole face was bloody and purple and his clothes were ripped apart. Part of his ear was cut off or bitten off. He's alive.
"Sir? Are you okay?" I turned him over. He opened his eyes half way.
He could barely talk. "Is my family okay? Am I still alive?"
His breath stinks but I ignored it. "Who are talking about?"
"The- the demon... He tried to kill me."
"Why?"
"Sakae... She- she was coming to get us. I fought for my family."
"You know Sakae?"
"Stupid!" Kai jumped out of my sweater . "That's Sakae's dad."
"What? We need to get him to his house."
"Turn into a dragon and fly us over there." She said without hesitating.
"Okay then." I transformed into a dragon."Hop on."
Kai turned into a human and placed him on my back.
"We're ready." She said holding onto my hair and Sakae's dad's body. "He's knocked out cold."
I took flight into the air and above the trees.

***

"I can't go near the Fairy Kingdom." I yelled over the wind. The sky was dark and thick enough to hide in. "We have to take the long way and go above the clouds."
" 'kay." She yelled back. "Hey, what did you do to the Fairy Kingdom anyways?"
"I was wanted by 2 major kingdoms; the Dragon kingdom and Akuma's kingdom. According to what Akuma told me, he promised a greater reward for me than the Dragon King. And one of the fairies told him that I was in their kingdom with Sakae."
"Oh no wonder."
"Yeah. He also said that if I was dead, he would send a message to all of the kingdoms to make Sakae search for me if she wasn't searching."
"Thank goodness you're alive."
"Yeah." I flew so high that the clouds were below us.
"And I saved you... again." This was like the 3rd time she said this.
"Thanks Kai, again."
"No problem."
"Let's sing a song!"
"Okay what song?"
"I don't know..."
" How about the old song called Ue o Muite Arukou."
"I haven't herd that song in years."
Then we started singing together. (Play the song above the title).

Japanese version:
Ue o muite arukou
Namida ga kobore nai you ni
Omidoidasu haru no hi
Hitoribotchi no yoru...

Translation:
I look up as I walk
So that the tears won't fall
Remembering those spring days
But I'm all alone to night...

"Wow Hiryu you're a great singer."
"No I'm not."
"I'm serious. You are a good singer."
"Thanks."
"You should sing a love song to Sakae. She'll love it."
I started to blush under my scales (don't ask how I did that). "That's a really cool idea."
I dove back under the clouds again.
"Look there's her house." Kai yelled above the wind.

Sakae's pov
_____

"No one knows?" I started to tear up.
"I'm sure he's fine where ever he is." Kasai said hugging me. "We just need to have hope and faith that he's still alive."
"You're right." I pulled away. "I'm going outside to catch some air."
"I'm going with you." We went outside and we shut the door behind us. I walked around in circles.
"What's wrong? Sakae?" Kasai grabbed my shoulder.
"What's wrong? What's wrong, you say? Everything is! My life got flipped upside down the day I moved here! My dad is missing, I don't know if Akuma's dead, I don't know if Hiryu's dead, I don't know if Kai's dead, and I ... I-"
"Let it all out Sakae."
"I don't know if any of this is real! This whole thing seems like a mere fantasy. Me turning 17, mythical creatures, and boys fighting over me. It seems like a total dream."
"It's not a dream." Someone turned me around. It wasn't Kasai, it was Hiryu. "It's not a fantasy, neither." He slowly drew his head closer to mine. "It's reality." I closed my eyes ready for a kiss. He pressed his lips against mine. It was a long kiss. Our lips moved with the music that Kasai was singing...?
We stopped as I pulled away. "Kasai?"
"What?" He said as he looked at us. "Don't mind me. If Hiryu stopped I'll finish it off for you. I mean, I want to kiss you,too."
"No, get out." I said to him. He crossed his arms , mouthed "I'll get you later" He said in a pervy way to me, and left.
"I got some good news, Sakae!" Hiryu told me. "We found your father in the woods and he's upstairs getting cleaned up by Kai. He's alright."
I started to cry and I hugged him. "Thank you Hiryu."
"We also killed Akuma. Well Kai killed him."
"I don't care who killed him. I'm happy that he's dead."
"So, do you want to have fun before you turn 18?"
"Yeah. Let's play tag."
He pulled away. "What's tag?"
"I tap you and run away. Then you have to do the same to me."
"Okay, let's play."
"Tag! You're it!" I ran off the balcony and around the house. He was running after me.
"I'm going to get you!" He yelled.
He tapped my shoulder and tripped on me. We both fell on the floor laughing with him right above me.
"Does this usually happen in this game?" He asked
"Only if you're in a fantasy."
"Yeah, a beautiful one."
_____

Hey . So my wifi was being stupid on Saturday. I was done with the story at 8:00pm on Saturday but I couldn't publish it.

This is like the first time that I update the new chapter this late. Forgive me please.
Thanks for 100 votes and almost 100 reads each on 2 chapters. Luv yah.
Anyways, there's 2 more chapters before the book ends. Don't worry because there's a book 2. Yay!

Have a good week!
-Tianna

Ps: the song Ue o Muite Arukou is my favorite Japanese old songs. I herd it on a Japanese TV channel and in the movie From Up On Poppy hill. It's a good song and makes me happy.