The City

I'm riding into the beautiful city of Nagoya. I love the castle, the tall towers, and the amazing food. Yummy, I can taste it already.
I finally saw more and more people as I got closer. I also passed by a sign that says "Nagoya, 0.5 miles away".
As I passed by, I saw many farms, flower gardens, cherry trees, lakes, highways, and houses.
I looked at my pink watch and.
it says that it's 5:45ρм. I rushed the rest of the way there with Kai holding on tightly on her seat.
I entered Nakamura-ku (中村区), one of the 16 wards of Nagoya. Nakamura holds the famous JR central towers that holds the Nagoya train station and it contains The Nagoya Park. When I was small, mother used to take me to the park after we visited grandmother's house.

"Sakae-chan, toss a coin in the lake and make a wish. The wish will come true if you believe," she showed me how.
"Okay," I tossed the coin and I fell into the lake.
"Help! Mommy! I," I kicked faster,"can't swim!"
I was drowning at that moment and I could hear my mother in the background saying " someone! Help my daughter!"
That's when a dog dove into the water, grabbed my shirt, and swam me back to the dock.
"Thank you dog!" She picked me up in her arms, "you may go home now."
The dog sat down and stared at her. "Mother, I don't think she has a home." I pointed at the dog's neck.
"Maybe you're right, Sakae. She doesn't have a collar," she searched the dog's light gray wet neck.
"Can we keep it?" I jumped out of her arms, " please? She saved my life."
"That is true but who will take care of it?"
" I will! She saved my life so I will take care of her for the rest of her's," I hugged the dog.
"Are you sure?" She squatted to be my hight.
"Yes, I promise!"
"Then what's her name?" She asked.
"Umm... What about Kai?"
"Why Kai?"
"She should be named Kai because she saved me from the ocean. She's like a little sea shell."
She laughed knowing that she saved me from a lake, not an ocean, "Kai is a wonderful name."
Until this day, I take Kai every where I go, knowing that she will protect me no matter what.

☼☼ 6:00 ☼☼

I've reached my destination I am now at Makino Public Market. I parked my bike and Kai jumped out.
"Hello?" I walked inside.
"Oh hello! My name is Shin," he walked up to me and Kai. He looks middle aged and looks average size.
"My name is Sakae. Do you have rice grains that I could buy?"
"Sakae-san... Your name sounds familiar."
Kai growled. I wonder if she is afraid or angry.
I asked again, "Do you have any rice, sir?"
He went to the back of the shop. "Sakae, wait here." He said with his back turned.
Kai stood up on her 4 feet. She pulled on my pants. I looked down at her.
"What's wrong Kai?" I whispered even though I know she can't answer back.
5 minutes past and a old woman came out from the room that the man went in.
"Hello, welcome." She walked behind the cash register.
"Hello, can I get a pound of rice for 900 yen here?"
She stood there and stared at me. "What type?"
"White grain please."
She went to the back of the store and came back with a bag of rice.
"900 yen please."
I searched my pocket and I didn't find any money.
"Uh... I don't-"
"Check your bag," she cuts me off.
I searched my bag and I found the money. How did she know it was in my bag?
"You look dehydrated, Sakae-san," she found a glass bottle with something that looks like milk, "I'll give you a drink for free-"
Rrrrufff! Kai put her two paws on the 3 foot counter top.
"Kai?" I stroked her fur.
I passed her the yen, she puts the glass bottle and the rice in a brown paper bag.
"Thank you."
"No, thank you."
I took the bag and ran to my bike with Kai. I rode off.

☼✩ 6:30 ✩☼

I went the wrong way. I accidentally rode towards JR Central Towers. I looked out towards the horizon, it's about an hour until sunset.
"Excuse me," a guy that looks 13 and around my height in a hoodie with long black bangs that covered his face tapped me on my shoulder.
I turn around, "oh, yes?"
"Are you Sakae-san?"
"Yes I am... Why?"
"You need to run! Now, before they get you."
"Who gets me?"
"No time to explain! Just follow me!"
"How do I know that you're not toying with me?"
He touched Kai and she did nothing. "If this dog trust me, you can, too."
I looked at Kai and I hopped on my bike, "let's go."
He ran towards an ally with me and Kai at his tail.
There was an abandoned building with a red door. He opened the door and went in. I got off my bike and walked with it.
He turned on the lights. There was a stairway leading to our destination.
He stopped, "leave your bike here, bring the dog and don't talk until I say so. Got it?"
I tried to see him in the dimmed hallway and I nodded.
"Good," he placed my bike next to the stairway.
He walked upstairs. Kai was in between us and I almost tripped on her because I can't see.
I heard a door open. He held my hand and ran inside some where, pulling me with him. The door slowly shut behind me.
"Okay," he turned on the lights, "we can hide here for now."
I looked up at his dark navy-blue eyes, "who are you?"
He put his black bangs behind his ear, "I'm not what you think I am," he turned around. It looks like we're in a 5 story apartment building
The studio apartment had a circular fire pit in the center of the step down living room. There was a large, elegant olive green couch on one side and a extra large one to the right of it, surrounding the pit. Pine wood floor, dark red, elegant curtains, and a huge plasma t.v that comes down from the ceiling.
"Is this where you live?" I asked.
"Yes," he sat on the couch.
"What's your name?"
"My name? It's Shi."
There was an echo of silence.
"Why am I here?"
"Come sit down, Sakae." He patted on the couch and Kai ran up to him.
I walked to the couch and I sat down.
"There are demons going after us. They want you, Kai, me, and many others souls."
"How do you you know Kai?"
"We both use to work for the evil Dragon King. Kai was used as a weapon against the King's enemies. She was around 10 feet tall with dark red eyes and huge bloody fangs. Anyways, I look after her, making sure she wouldn't escape. When she was sleeping, she's always at her regular form, small and calm. One day, I put a spell that locks her dark powers in a box and ran away with her."
"But why is he after me?"
"In the future, you're known to be a powerful leader that will kill him along with many demons from hell. He's scared of you so he wants you dead."
"How will I get home?"
"We can use my car."
"You have a car?"
"Yeah, why?"
"You look 15! You also look 5"11!"
"I don't age like humans do."