Leviathan X Reader II

• MC: Main Character, which is you, the reader
• (A/N): Author's Note
• Italicized words: your thoughts

Inspired by:

☆☆☆☆☆

☆☆☆☆☆

Early in the morning, your phone was already ringing. The day was just starting and you barely got out of bed. With a soft groan, you snatched your phone from the bedside table and checked to see who was ruining your peaceful slumber. A message was sent by Leviathan, in need of assistance. You originally intended on declining but was persuaded into agreeing after Leviathan pleaded desperately and coaxed you with your favorite pudding from Madam Scream's. Hence, your day was instantly planned out against your wishes.

After a quick shower and cleaning up, you immediately headed towards Leviathan's room. Judging by the number of cardboard boxes and parcels, the place was more fit to be called a storage room rather than a bedroom. You called out for Leviathan without stepping foot inside his room since you were even unable to see the floor. "Hey Levi! I'm here."

Purple mop of hair popped out from the beneath the cartons. Leviathan demanded exasperatedly. "What took you so long? I've been waiting a long time."

"Sorry sorry." You apologized casually. "So, what do you need help with?"

"Well, seeing the state of my room, I need you to collapse the boxes so I can dispose of them." He ordered, gesturing towards the towering stacks of boxes.

After a sigh, you rolled up your sleeves and started without another word. The task itself was not difficult since it only involved folding cardboard and piling them up in a corner. The exhausting part was the repetitive process of folding cardboard and piling them up in a corner. Additionally, sweat was dripping down your back and oily face which was itchy and irritating.

After a while of hard work, you regretted lending a hand and questioned why you let yourself be bribed by pudding. It was the weekend. By this time, you should be lounging around in bed, watching anime. "Man, why do you have so many boxes?" You complained without stopping your hands.

Leviathan answered from the other side, eyes focused on his work. "I don't ever leave my room, so I buy everything I need online. I didn't notice it was already crowding the room."

"Did it ever cross your mind to throw the boxes away immediately after opening your packages?"

"Throwing them away meant going outside so no."

You narrowed your eyes at him and scoffed at his lame excuse, wondering how he could he live in this dump for so long. Though, in the end, he could not handle it anymore and that was how you got entangled into helping him clean up his own mess.

After all the boxes were collapsed and compiled, Leviathan assigned you to collect the trash and throw them into a garbage bag. Meanwhile, he organized the cartons and tied them up with plastic rope. Then, Leviathan carried them all out towards the disposal area and you were left to clean up his room. While sweeping, you realized that your services only amounted to pudding from Madam Scream's. Maybe, you should charge Leviathan more.

Being a shut-in, Leviathan was slow on carrying out his final assignment. By the time Leviathan returned to his room, the area was spic and span. The floor was not only visible but was also, as a result of your diligence, cleaned to perfection. "What took you so long? You only had to throw the boxes out."

"Sorry. I'm not as strong Beel. I don't have muscles."

"Well, maybe, you should start working out or just stop staying locked up in your room."

"No way. I am an otaku. I will stay in my room for as long as I like."

"What about my pudding then? We have to go out to buy pudding from Madam Scream's."

"Don't worry. I'll buy you pudding after I take a shower."

"Yeah we should. We smell of sweat and I look like a mess."

"Even with a haggard look, you're still pretty."

"No need to flatter me. Look, my hair is all tangled up and sticky. My clothes are wet and smells of sweat."

"Indeed, you are. Still, you are pretty. I was not flattering you."

Hearing an honest compliment from Leviathan touched your heart. Most of the time, the demon scolded you for being a normie and was called uncultured for not knowing more about his favorite novels and fictional characters. Used to his insults, you were always taken aback whenever he says good things about you which he expresses sincerely at the perfect time when you needed it.

"Haha thanks. I think you look nice too." You remarked.

"Okay, you can stop now. I don't need your halfhearted regards."

"It's not. You always look cute in my eyes."

"I'm not cute. Don't call me cute." He exclaimed, offended by your words. "If anything, you're the cute one."

"No, you are."

"No, you are."

"Okay that's enough. We look stupid. We haven't even showered."

"That's because you won't stop calling me cute."

"Well, you're the one who started flirting."

"F-flirting? Me?"

"Yes, you. You were flirting. So, if we don't clean ourselves up, we'd be here all day, flirting with each other."

"What are you talking about? Just go and take a shower already."

"I am about to." You retorted and was about to leave but decided to tease him one last time. "Shall we go and take a shower together?"

Leviathan's pale face suddenly turned pink which was undeniably adorable, a reaction you anticipated. He stuttered as he yelped. "N-no!"

"Are you sure? You looked like you were looking forward to it."

"I was not!"

You giggled and stated before exiting. "I'm just kidding. See you later, cutie."

"For the last time, don't call me cute!"