Belphegor X Reader I

• MC: Main Character, which is you, the reader
• (A/N): Author's Note
• Italicized words: your thoughts

☆☆☆☆☆

The House of Lamentation was certainly a breathtaking infrastructure, boasting a grand foyer leading to multiple decorated hallways. As you strolled through the corridor of the dormitory house, you counted the doors you passed by until you reached a certain room you had been wishing to visit.

Gently, you turned the knob and pushed open the door, relieved that it was accessible today. Your eyes scanned the interior and landed on the grand piano displayed at the center of the Music room. Before heading towards the instrument, you inspected if there were any unwanted guests. Satisfied, you sat on the piano bench and lightly touched the keys. You were astounded by the quality and had never seen such a fine instrument.

Back in the human world, as a child, your mother taught you the piano and introduced to you the beauty of music. Ever since then, you had been playing the piano; however, after you were transported to Devildom, you were unable to play and dearly missed the piano. Fortunately, you came across the Music room with the brothers but was hindered from getting near the instruments. Thereafter, whenever you tried coming again, the door was locked.

After some finger stretching, you played a piece you have been fond of since you were a child, One Summer's Day by Joe Hisaishi. Joe Hisaishi composed remarkable music, but this piece was your favorite. Your fingers which were accustomed to the chords, moved as if it had a mind of its own. The music filled the air which evoked feelings of nostalgia within you. After the last note, you softly lifted your fingers from the keys. You instinctively knew that there was a huge smile on your face. You really loved music and playing the piano.

After choosing another piece, you placed your hands on the keys once more. Out of the blue, a tired voice erupted up front before you could begin. "Play some more." Eyes wide open, you searched for the trespasser and spotted a mop of blue hair on the floor. You uttered timidly. "Belphie? Is that you?"

At the sound of his name, Belphegor sat up while rubbing his eyes. He yawned then replied. "Yes, it's me."

Remaining seated, you bowed your head. "I'm sorry for waking you up. I'll stop playing."

Belphegor prevented you from leaving and gestured towards the piano. "Play another piece like the last one."

Grateful for his generosity, you immediately played the piece you previously planned, Clair de Lune. As you performed, Belphegor shifted from the floor to the nearest chair. Enjoying the atmosphere, he leaned back and closed his eyes. Once you finished, Belphegor urged to play another. Therefore, the two of you occupied the Music room until evening.

Soon, both of your phones rang. Dinner was ready and you were asked to come down. Belphegor seemed unwilling but you managed to convince him to go with you. Out in the hall, Belphegor spoke up. "I didn't know you can play the piano. You're good too."

"Thank you. My mom taught me. It's been a while since I played so I was a little rusty. I really missed playing the piano."

"Then, keep playing."

"I wish I could, but the Music room is always locked. I guess I was just lucky today."

"Alright. After dinner, let's talk to Lucifer. I'm sure he'll allow us to use the Music room."

"That's really alright. I don't want to bother you guys."

"Please. Lucifer will be delighted that someone can finally play the instruments in the Music room. Although, he might ask you to play for him out of curiosity."

"Is that so? I hope he does allow us."

"And if he ever does, please let me know when you plan on going to the Music room. I want to listen to your music."

"I'm glad you enjoyed it. Then, don't hesitate to ask me if you want to hear me play again."

"I got it. Then, do you mind playing for me after dinner? Your music sounds like a lullaby which puts me to sleep."

"You sleep all the time though."

"It's different. While I sleep, it feels like I am wrapped in your sound and it relaxes me. I won't have any nightmares."

"I understand. I'll play for you later."

"Thank you MC."