Chapter Twenty Eight

Rick POV

The pain seared through my body, making me feel like I was on fire. The chains cut deep gashes in my wrists and I was hoisted up, hanging by my hands. But still I wouldn't speak; not when they broke my jaw, not when they cracked my ribs, and not even when they fractured my skull. I was done talking to them. I looked up at my interrogator, whose name was Jacob, to see that his face was plastered with frustration. He would get them blame if I didn't speak.

"Have you got anything to say?" He asked through gritted teeth for the millionth time. Instead of speaking, I spat the blood that was in my mouth in his face, and this really set him off. He furiously wiped his face before puching my already broken jaw. This made another wave if pain short through my body.

Then the door behind me opened, and Linda walked in front of me.

"Let him go." she instructed Jacob who began to protest.

"But he hasn't said anything-" Linda silenced him.

"Jacob as much as you like torturing him, your methods are obviously not working. I think its time we try something new." She smiled deviously, and I instantly wished that I was staying with Jacob. Linda clicked her fingers and Jacob cut the chains I was hanging from whilst muttering a string of expletives. I then fell to the floor in a bloody heap. Two large men dragged me out of the room, following Linda. After a few minutes we stopped and I looked up to see we were on the roof. I felt so numb that I didn't even feel the harsh wind on my face. I noticed that I was being dragged towards the edge of the roof and in a way, I hoped that they'd toss me over the edge so I didn't have to suffer any longer. But instead, I was thrown on the floor beside some guy who was lying on his stomach. I moved my aching head slowly to see that he was holding a sniper rifle. One of the men grabbed my head and put it so that I was looking down the eye piece...and then I saw what the rifle was aiming at. Jo.

"I would try and talk you into what I want you to do but I think your situation is quite clear to you." Yeah it was...do as I'm told or jo gets killed.

Sherlock POV

I walked into the lounge to see Jo curled up on the sofa, cradling Lana. They were both fast asleep, and Jos hand was resting on the phone...no doubt waiting for Rick to call. I didn't tell her that he's working for the people who want to kill me, she didn't need to deal with that as well. I sat in my chair and turned the tv on, making sure that the volume was turned right down. Then my phone rang. Jo jumped and picked up the phone she was holding but when there was no answer she look at me confused. I held up my ringing phone and she sighed when she realised it was my phone that was ringing. John, who was in the kitchen, smiled sympathetically at her. I answered my phone.

"Sherlock Holmes."

"Meet me where you saw us a month ago." A female voice came from the other end. I recognised this voice as the woman I heard Rick talking to.

"And if I decline?" I challenged her. I heard a light chuckle at the other end of the line.

"Do you decline?" she challenged me. I paused before answering.

"Yes." I hung up the phone and walked back into the kitchen.

"Who was that?" Jo asked, hopefully.

"It wasnt Rick." I told her and she lost interest.

--------------------------------------------------

The next day...

Sherlock POV

I walked up to my door and was about to unlock it when I noticed the bullet mark in the keyhole. Someone had beaten me here. I slowly, quietly opened the door and crept through and up the stairs. I pulled the pepper spray out of my pocket and held it in front of me. Quietly I opened the door to the lounge and no one was there. I searched the whole apartment and found nothing, and then I went to jo's room. Mrs Hudson was sitting on a chair, gagged and with her hands and legs tied to the chair. Her face was wet with blood and tears, and her clothes were slightly torn. I quickly untied her and she fell into my arms sobbing apologetically.

"What happened?" I asked her trying to sound soft but in the pit of my stomach I knew something terrible was happening.

"They t...took them. J..jo, john a...and Lana." she whimpered. They'd been taken...and I know who by.

--------------------------------------------

sorry its so short, I uploaded on my phone. I hope its ok. comment and vote if you like it xxx