Chapter Fourteen

I'm doing my best to upload quickly, so you'll get plenty of Sherlock :) I've also drawn loads of pics of Jo and Sherlock and John (well, John is hard to draw so he looks kinda bad) and I'll upload them nearer the end (they're spoilers :D)

---------------------------------------------------------------------------

Chapter Fourteen

Jo

I played with my fingers nervously, as I waited for the time to come. Glancing back up at the clock, I groaned. Time was going so slowly! It was only 5:50am, I still had ten minutes. Sighing, I laid myhead back down on my pillow and let my heavy eyelids close. However, I was asleep for a mere five minutes before I heard a noise. KNOCK. KNOCK. KNOCK. Three quiet knocks on my door, followed by the sound of it being unlocked. A grin spread across my face, I was going to get out of here. I waited five minutes until 6am, as instructed, before slipping out of the door and into the dimly lit hallways. I walked cautiously along the route, staying in the shadows. My back brushed against the wall, as I crept along. When I reached the corner, I froze. I could hear voices. Opposite me was the unlocked door, my escape route, but around the corner were two, no, three guards chatting. I mentally cursed, what could I do? Sighing, I realised I had to take the chance. I had to go.

"OH MY GOD WHAT THE HELL IS THAT?!" I heard Johnson's voice around the corner. Curiosity taking over, I looked around to see the guards running the opposite way. Taking Johnson's distraction as a signal, I bolted for the door. Once outside, my heart sank. Where was I? I ran in the direction of a small woodland path, hoping that it would lead me back to a main road.

After twenty minutes of running, I found myself beside a road. There weren't any cars around so I walked beside the undergrowth. My breath was coming in heavy and ragged, and I was so tired but I forced myself to continue. When I recovered from my run, I walked a little faster. I was running on a pretty much empty stomach. After a couple of hours, I collapsed. I was out out energy, my legs felt dead, it was dark and I was shattered. I crawled further into the undergrowth and munched on some red berries until I fell asleep.

I woke with a shock to the sound of horns blaring, reminding me that I was running away from the prison-like place I was being held. Feeling much better, albiet starving, I stood up and continued walking. I stayed in the trees so as to stay out of sight in case that woman sent someone to find me, but I made sure I could hear the noise of the road at all times.  

Half an hour later, the unmistakable smell of London hit my nose. It was mainly of fumes but there was a hint of fish and chips. I couldn't help it but a smile spread on my face. Despite my agony, I staggered on, desperate to reach my home.

ONE HOUR LATER...

Sherlocks POV

"She's been kidnapped, John." I repeated in frustration.  

"Wait. Sherlock how do you know?" He asked calmly. I sighed, annoyed that I'd have to waste time explaining to John. 

"I went to the hospital because Jo was supposed to be let out three days ago. However, when I got there, the receptionist told me that one of her family members dischargered her three days ago.  Her family are all in Cornwall." I told him, before he rudely interrupted.

"Sherlock, isn't it possible that one of her family members heard she was in hospital and came to get her?" He asked me, exasperated.  I rolled my eyes.  It was a possibility but who would travel hundreds of miles to see their relative in hospital.  Oh, right, sentiment.  That's a very confusing thing, sentiment. 

"Yes but-"

"Sherlock, go get some sleep.  You're paraniod, Jo'll probably text you to let you know where she is, so chill out." John told me before he hung up.  I guess I could be paranoid, I just have a bad feeling.  

I flagged down a taxi, told the cabbie the address and leant into the back seat.  At Baker street, I paid the cabbie and jogged up the stairs into my apartment, where I saw Jo collapsed in the middle of the room.  Why is she always collapsed when I see her? 

I knelt beside her, and shook her gently.  She didn't respond.  I turned her over so that she was laying on her back, and checked her pulse.  It was there, but it was quite weak.  I frowned, she was very very thin, and had a few bruises around her face.  And there were some bruises along her neck, as well as her shoulders.   

"Jo?" I said her name quietly, hoping she'd respond.  She looked like she'd been beaten up...  Jo scrucnched up her face slightly and groaned quietly, and I instantly knew she was in pain. 

"MRS HUDSON!" I shouted loudly, helping Jo sit up.  She was stirring but still felt like dead weight in my arms.  I picked her up and sat her on the sofa, just as mrs Hudson came in.

"Jo, so good to see you out of hospit- OH MY, what happened to her?!" She asked flustered, noticing the bruising. 

"Mrs Hudson, can you get Jo some water?" She nodded quickly and ran into the kitchen, before returning with some water.  Jo's eyes opened slowly, lookign around, registering her surroundings, before breaking down into tears.  Mrs Hudson and I exchanged confused glances.

"Jo, what's wrong?" I asked her quietly, not understanding why she was crying.  Sentiment?  I don't know.

"T...They...took m..me.  She w..wants y..you d...d...d..de-" Jo's crying prevented me from hearing the rest of her sentence.  I sighed, realising she had been kidnapped...but why?

I stood up, taking my phone out of my pocket, and dialling Lestrade. 

"Mrs Hudson, look after Jo please." I said, before walking out into the hall.  "Lestrade?  Get over here with your least irritating officers; Jo's been kidnapped-no, she's back now but I want you to find out what happened to her.  Thanks." I hung up and walked back in, Jo was crying into Mrs Hudson who was rocking her gently back and forth. 

Five minutes later, Lestrade arrived along with an officer I had never met.  Lestrade stood by me as the officer sat down by Jo. 

"Jo?  I'm Detective Simmonds." She said in a calm, reassuring voice.  Jo looked up slightly but her gaze returned to the floor.  It was as though she was ashamed of something.  Detective Simmonds carried on. "Jo, I know someone took you, and I can't arrest them unless you tell me who they are and what they did to you....ok?" Jo sniffed and nodded. 

"I'll a..answer you questions, b..but not here." Jo sniffled quietly.  Detective Simmonds nodded, and stood up.  Jo followed her tentatively, avoiding eye contact with anyone.  They walked out the door, and Lestrade and myself followed.  We got into a police car, much to my discomfort, and drove to the police station. 

When we got there, Detective Simmonds took Jo into a room, telling me to wait outside.  I sighed and agreed, reluctantly sitting down.  I wanted to know what happened.

-----------------------------------------------------

Please comment and vote if you liked :)