Chapter Fifteen

Hey guys, chapter fifteen is here :3  Vote and comment if you like!  Picture on the side is of Jo xx

Chapter Fifteen

Jo's POV

Detective Simmonds took me into a small room, and shut the door. 

"Please, sit." She gestured to one of the empty seats, smiling gently.  I did as I was told, and nervously played with my fingers.

"Jo, I'm going to ask you a few questions." She paused, glancing at a sheet of paper.  "Do you know where you were being kept?" I thought for a moment.

"Kind of...." My mind was still a little hazy, I hadn't had anything to eat for ages.  I raked my mind for specific details.  "It was a large faciility, surrounded by some sort of forest.  It was about twenty minutes away from a main road.  Um, that's all I can really remember.  Sorry." I felt useless not being able to remember...Detective Simmonds wrote it all down, clearly not impressed, but it isn'tt my fault I can't remember!  However, not remembering was the least of my worries, as she asked me the question I never want to answer.

"What did they do to you?"

Detective Simmonds POV

Jo tensed up when I asked her that question, which gave me a bad feeling in the pit of my stomach.  This feeling was then clarified when she slowly answered.  I sat shocked, as she went through what happened to her, and when she finished, she lowered her head.  It was as though she was ashamed.

"Jo, there's nothing to be ashamed about-" I began softly, when she burst into the sobs she had been holding in.  I handed her a box of tissues, trying to console her. 

"P...Please don't tell a...anyone." She said quickly.  I opened my mouth to protest, it was my job to report everything, when she stopped me.  "I don't want anyone to know.  I...I just have to forget it all happened."  She said quietly, more to herself than to me.  Reluctantly, I agreed.

After another five or so minutes, she told me that she was ok, and stood up.  I lead her out, and she walked past her friend and out the door.  He frowned at her, then looked at me. 

"What did she say?" He asked me, staring at my face.  I shifted uncomfortably under his gaze, knowing he would be able to see if I lied - I was a bad lier. 

"Everything miss Williams said in that room is confidential...I'm sorry." I told him, walked briskly into my office before he could question me further.

Jo's POV

The taxi ride home was awkward, to say the least.  Sherlock was grumpy because I wouldn't tell him what I'd told the detective.  Besides, if I did tell him, he wouldn't want to live with me.  And we'd grown pretty close over the past couple of months.  Well, we were as close to being friends as Sherlock could manage. 

When we got home, I went straight to the kitchen, my appetite was back.  I ate two tuna and cheese sandwiches, but it didn't fill the hole in my stomach.  Maybe I just need to wait for it to digest, I thought to myself, so I went into my bedroom, changed into my white pjs and climbed into bed.  However, when I did this, my mind drifted back to the nights when Jacob would be in my room and- I buried my head into the pillows, not letting myself think about it anymore.  I have to move past this!  I can't let it ruin my life, I need to forget it ever happened!!  I cried until my pillow was soaked with tears, and I still wasn't asleep.  I threw my now sodden pillow onto the floor and laid my head down on the mattress, before finally falling asleep.

I ran faster than I ever thought possible, my legs running into overtime.  I was like a steam engine running off the tracks, faster and faster.  However, he was faster.  He caught up with ease, and tackled me to the ground.  I hit my head on a rock, my blood trickling onto it's hard dull surface.  I sa tup, looking at the rock, the blood forming into words.  "LOOK BEHIND YOU"  I did as instructed by the rock, and instantly wished I hadn't.  There he stood, towering over me, like he had done every night in the facility.  I tried to crawl away but he grabbed my waist and slammed me into the ground repeatedly.  I tried to scream but no noise escaped my quivering lips.  Jacob threw me to the side, so I was facing up.  The sickly grin I'd come to know so well was plastered on his face, as he plunged the knife into my chest.

I woke, sweating and breathing heavily.  I relaxed however, when I realised I was back in my room; in 221B Baker street.  I was safe - well, safer.  Scared of falling back into a nightmare, I got up and wandered into the lounge, where Sherlock was sitting, wrapped in a sheet, watching tv.  He looked up when I entered, and turned the tv off.  Great, I thought.  He's going to ask me again.  He stared at my face, and I knew he was trying to decipher me, so I kept my face blank.  After about a minute, he gave up, and sat back into his seat. 

"Why can't you just tell me?!" He asked, exasperated.  I clenched my teeth, fed up of having this same conversation.  I was tired of teeling him that I can't, so I let my blank face slip, just for a second.  Sherlock saw this though, and I heard his breath catch in his throat.  I had given him a tiny glimpse at how I was feeling, enough to make him feel bad about harassing me, but not enough for him to work out what I've been through.  He blinked, unable to form a coherant sentance.  I looked down at the floor, not sure what to say.  Sherlock was the first to break the long silence.

"I...I'm sorry, Jo." He said quietly.  Oh my gosh, did Sherlock Holmes just apologise?  I studied his face and saw that he really did mean it.  Wow, that must have been hard for him.  I smiled gratefully at him, knowing that he'd dropped it. 

"Thanks." I said, before standing up and turning the tv back on.  I sat next to Sherlock as two News presenters clicked onto the tv.  The words "BREAKING NEWS" flashed on the screen, capturing my attention.  As the woman spoke, the man nodded along-

"They're having an affair." Sherlock deducted, earning him a slap on the shoulder.

"Shhh!" I hissed, trying to listen.  An image flashed on the screen, making my blood run cold.  "That's the place where they held me." I said quietly.  The police had found it, so maybe they found Jacob and that woman....The Newswoman's voice was still going, so I turned it up.

"...it was pretty much an empty facility, except for one thing." I craned my neck trying to listen, hoping they'd say they'd caught them.  "There was a corpse locked in one of the rooms, and it has been identified as Marcus Johnson."  A photo of Johnson's bloody body flashed on the screen, half in a body bag.  There was a bullet hole in his head, and I instantly knew it was because of me.  Because he helped me. 

----------------------------------------

Sooo, what did you think?  The next chapter will be a week or so later, becasue I have a little bit of drama coming along :)  Feel free to guess, I'll private message you if you get it right.  Please vote and comment xxxx