Chapter Six - ???

Hey everyone!  Sorry I haven't uploaded for a while, I've been really busy....and very ill :(  Still not feeling well so sorry if there are a couple of typos.  Please Vote and Comment xx

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Chapter Six

????

My knuckles whitened with anger as I forced myself to listen to him lecture me about my job.  It was my damn job, why couldn’t he just let me get on and do it?!  But no, he feels the need to pass the time by criticizing every single move I make.  However, I daren’t let any of this show through my smiling façade as I valued my life too much.  I leant back slightly in my chair and nodded my head as I listened to him drone on for another 2 and half hours.  When he had finished, I was holding back the overpowering urge to yawn but I knew that would result in my instant death.  Instead, I just stood when he told me to, shook his hand and briskly walked out of his office.  When I was safely on the other side of the door, I breathed a short sigh of relief.  I hated these sessions with a passion.  Straightening my jacket and quickly tending to my hair, I walked out of the tall building and slipped into my limousine. 

Ten minutes later, I arrived at my office.  Smiling to myself that I had made the journey without any calls or texts from my employer, I swiftly walked into my building and straight towards the lift.  When the elevator bell rang for the sixtieth floor, I stepped out and strode down the dimply lit hallways towards my office.  I pushed the door open and fell into my chair before groaning.  It has been a long day…

                “Um, ma’am?” I hadn’t even noticed Johnson, my bodyguard, who had stepped into my room.  My head shot up at the sound of his voice, making him flinch back slightly.  “Your client has arrived.” He said quickly, slowly edging for the door.  I nodded and waved my hand at him.

                “Sure, send him in.” I said through gritted teeth, getting increasingly annoyed with Johnson’s edgy attitude.  Johnson slipped out of the door leaving me to wait for whoever my next client was.  I swivelled my chair so the back of it was facing my door, and sighed deeply. 

                “Ahem.” A man cleared his throat impatiently however I did not turn around.  I could hear his foot tapping and my smile broadened.  I loved it when they were agitated; it made killing them so much more fun.  I was snapped out of my thoughts when I heard footsteps striding towards my desk so I quickly turned around so he could see me.  I could then get a better look at him as well.  He was a small man, with a receding hairline, and he was sweating heavily.  I wrinkled my nose slightly at the overwhelming smell of BO that was leaking from this man.  He wore a tailored suit that barely covered his large belly and had a briefcase in his left hand.  There was a ring shaped tan line along his finger; he was obviously married and wore the ring when he was on holiday, but he wasn’t wearing it now which was slightly confusing.  So, to conclude, he was a relatively rich man with a stressful job and most likely recently divorced – or he is having an affair and has removed the ring to make it seem like he is single.  Smiling contently to myself, as I worked all this out in the space of about 10 seconds, I stood up out of my chair and walked towards the window, my back turned to the man.

                “Name?” I asked the man, still not looking at him.  To be honest, I found the panoramic view of the city much more interesting than my client. 

                “Mark.” He replied bluntly, his voice had a slight mocking tone to it, which annoyed me.  I turned on my heel and strode over to him.

                “Why are you here, Mark?” I asked him, my eyes boring into his.  He shifted uncomfortably under my stare but quickly regained himself.

                “I am here to make a preposition….” His voice trailed off when he saw me loading up my pistol.  I smiled sweetly at him.

                “Oh, don’t mind me.  I just get bored of people making prepositions…I have to find a way to entertain myself.” I clicked the pistol and aimed it at Mark.  He stumbled backwards and tried to make a run to the door.  He had made it about 5 steps before the bullet pierced his heart.  He was dead before he hit the floor.  I quickly put my gun back in my top drawer and called Johnson in.  He opened the door and gagged at the dead body in the middle of my floor. 

                “Ah, Johnson.  I seem to have a little bit of a mess here, would you mind cleaning it up for me?” I smiled innocently at him before walking back to my desk and sitting in my chair.  I swivelled around to face my window once again and sighed deeply.  My heavy eyelids drooped shut and I drifted into an uneasy sleep.

------------------------------------------------------------------------------

What did you think?  It's relatively short but I was going to join it with the previous one...but that seemed too much.  What do you guys think? xx