Chapter Twenty One

Hi again, I'm working hard to get Triple Threat finished by the deadline for the Watty Awards! So you should get more updates but I have got to focus on my GCSEs as well, so bare with me xx Oh, and please read the authors note about updates at the bottom, thanks xx oh, and the pov change :)

Chapter Twenty One

Jo

I really wish Sherlock would show us that damn letter, it's put him on edge ever since he read it. Whenever I ask to see it, he scowls at me and refuses. It's really been bugging me and John, so I was going to do something about it.

I sat on the sofa, pretending to read the newspaper, and watching Sherlock out of the corner of my eye. He finished his toast then walked towards the bathroom, to have a shower. When I heard the lock click, I put down the newspaper and went straight to his bedroom. On the table by his bed was the letter, so I quickly grabbed it and walked swiftly back to the lounge. Sitting back down, I began to read it. When I'd finished, my mouth was gaping open in shock...so Moriarty is still alive. This letter proves it.

"What you doing?" I heard John's voice but I ignored it, this was way more improtant. Sherlock wouldn't actually go and meet his enemy, would he? I mean, he's not that stupid...

"JO!" John was sitting right in front of me, his face a mixture of worry and annoyance.

"What?" I asked confused.

"You've been staring into space, ignoring me for two minutes." He said as if it were obvious. I sighed and handed him the letter.

"Read that." I instructed him, watching his face as he took it all in.

"Oh my god." He said quietly, obviously thinking Sherlock was going to meet Moriarty.

"Oh my god what?" Sherlock's voice came from the other side of the room. I guess he's out of the shower then...He walked over to us, his eyes landing on the letter, a look of anger crossing his face.

"That's my letter." He said accusingly. I stood up and walked over to him.

"Yes it is, Sherlock. Don't tell me you're actually going to meet Moriarty..." I said, waving the letter at him. When he didn't reply, i knew his answer. "No! It's a suicide mission, he will kill you." I half shouted at him, not believeing how stupid he was being. Sherlock rolled his eyes and walked away.

"I can take care of myself you know, I don't need you or anyone else telling me what I can and can't do!" He shouted over his shoulder.

"NO, OF COURSE NOT! WHY WOULD YOU LISTEN TO US, WE'RE JUST YOUR FRIENDS!" I shouted back at him, tears pricking my eyes as I thought of his oncoming fate. Sherlock stopped in his tracks, and turned back to us slightly.

"I don't have FRIENDS." He said the word 'friends' with hatred.

"No, I wonder why." John muttered, before returning to his coffee. I sat back down angrily and buried my head in my hands, sobbing gently. Wow, when did I become so emotional?

"So, how are those mood swings coming along Jo?" John's voice came from beside me, a hint of sarcasm in his voice that made me chuckle slightly. I sniffed and smiled weakly at him.

"He's really going to meet Moriarty isn't he?" I asked John quietly, too scared to hear the answer. John sighed and nodded.

"It seems that way." He said sullenly.

I looked up at the clock, Sherlock was to meet Moriarty in one hour... Sherlock was walking nervously around the kitchen. I groaned, I had to try one more time. I stood up and slowly walked towards him, tapping him gently on the shoulder. He spun down, and sighed when he saw me. What was he expecting to see? I looked up at him.