Chapter Thirteen

Hey guys! Chapter thirteen here, hope you like it :) 

--------------------------------------------------

Chapter Thirteen

Jo

My eyes opened slowly, painfully.  It was as if they were swollen shut.  Groaning slightly, I sat upright, looking around my room.  A frown came over my face, when I realised I wasn't in my room.  I was in a small, box-like room with only a hard bed in it.  I buried my head in my hands remembering what had happened.  My eyes had in fact swollen shut so I did my best to keep them open, knowing that if I shut them, it would be hard to reopen them.  My trembling fingers gently rubbed my temples, in the hope that in doing so, I would awaken from this nightmare. 

When the door opened, I didn't look up.  I didn't want to, for fear of seeing Jacob standing there.

"Ma'am?" Another voice addressed me.  Knowing it wasn't Jacob, I tentatively looked up.  It was Johnson.  I shot him a dirty look before lying down on my bed.  It was his fault I was here.  It was his fault Jacob  had hurt me.  It was his fault.  He sighed slightly, and walked into the room.  He stood beside my bed, nervously.  "Ma'am?" He repeated.  "I need you to come with me, please." He told me quietly.  I turned to look at him. 

"And if I refuse?" I asked in an arsey voice.  Well, I think that after what I've been through, I have the right to act like that.  Johnson reluctantly pointed a gun to my head, making my whole body stiffen.  I knew he would pull the trigger, even if he didn't want to.  He was terrified of his boss.  Giving in, I stood up and followed him out. 

As we walked along the hallways, I made a mental map of the building, noting down exits, entrances, and other escape routes.  Not that it was much use; this place was heavily guarded.  Johnson lead me into a small room, that looked like an interrogation room.  I sat down in the chair and stared at the floor.  The woman entered and sat opposite me.  I slouched down in my seat, my gaze fixed on the tile flooring.  She was obviously annoyed wiht my bad manners, so I started to bite my nails to annoy her further.  However, she composed herself and sat forwards slightly.

"Miss Williams, I want you to do something for me." She began, but I cut her off.

"Well tough, becasue I really don't feel like doing anything for you." I spat at her, making my annoyance evident.  She seemed unfazed as she continued.

"I want you to bring Sherlock Holmes to me." She told me calmly.  I scoffed.

"No." I replied, matching her tone.  She shrugged. 

"Either you bring Sherlock holmes to me, or spend another night with Jacob here." She gestured to Jacob, who I didn't even notice had entered.  When I looked at him, my skin crawled.  I had to swallow the bile that had risen in my throat.  What do I do?  I don't want to lead Sherlock to these people, but I'd rather die than spend another night with Jacob.  As if sensing this, Jacob flashed me a sickly smile, and I couldn't help it but I threw up all over the shiny table.  The woman jumped back in disgust, and shouted to Johnson to take me away.  Well, at least I didn't have to answer her question.  Johnson lead me back to my room, but before he shut the door, he turned to me.

"I only wish you'd thrown up on her." He chuckled, shutting the door. 

"So do I." I said quietly.

Sherlock's POV

I sat in my chair, tuning my violin.  I glanced at the calender.  July 20th.  Frowning, I double checked the date, Jo should have been released from hospital three days ago.  I set my violin down, grabbed my coat and walked out. 

It took ten minutes to get to the hospital, and after paying the cabbie, I strode into the building.  I walked straight into Jo's room, to find it empty.  I walked back out to check the door number, I must have the wrong room.  But no, it was room 307.  Unless she had been moved?  I walked back through the pristine hallways to the reception desk.  The receptionist smiled brightly at me. 

"Hello." She said in a singsong voice.  I swear it nearly made my ears bleed.

"Which room is Jo Williams in, please?"  I asked as politely as I could.  The recoptionist typed somthing into the computer then frowned.

"I'm sorry, miss Williams was dismissed three days ago." She told me, the singsong voice still there.  I clenched my fist under the desk.

"Can you check again please?" I asked irritatedly.  She sighed and re-typed.

"She isn't in the hospital, sir.  She left three days ago."

"By herself?" I asked her.

"No, it says here she was signed out by family members." She told me, but that was all I needed to know.  I strode out of the hospital, and begain dialling my phone.  All of Jo's family were in Cornwall, so there was only one explanation. 

"John? Get Lestrade, Jo's been kidnapped."

Jo's POV

I turned to face the door when I heard it open, only to see Johnson.  I smiled slightly at him, and he returned it.  In the week that I've been here, he's the only person who's been kind to me.  He shut the door and walked over to me, handing me the bread that he'd hid in his jacket.  I smiled gratefully, and began eating the bread.  It was gone within 30 seconds, I was starving.  The only food I'd gotton was the scraps Johnson had managed to steal for me.  Despite his kindness, I could never forgive him for kidnapping me. 

"Jo, I'm going to get you out of here." I nearly chocked on the bread that I was chewing.  Was he crazy?  We'd never get out alive! 

"What?" I asked, once I'd swallowed the bread.  He explained his plan to me, which was simple and pretty well thought out.  The guards who are on night shifts switch with the day shift guards at 6am.  When they do this, Johnson will unlock the door and I will sneak out.  Simple.  I didn't want to think about what could go wrong, because I know a lot could, and this was my only hope of escaping. 

"Thankyou." I smiled, truly grateful that he was doing this for me.  He nodded then left.  I sighed happily, things were finally looking up. 

-----------------------------------------------------

So, what do you think?  Comment and vote!  xx