Chapter Nineteen

Hey guys, this is going to be short as I want to upload before I go to Alton Towers. Next upload should be around next Sunday xx

----------------------------------------------------------

Chapter Nineteen

RECAP: "Sherlock?" John and I both said at the same time. Sherlock spun round and walked over to John.

"Remember who sent the Golem last time?!" He shook his shoulders and John groaned. I frowned, who? Sherlock turned to me.

"It's Moriarty."

-----------------------------------------------------------

Jo

Mori-who? I frowned at Sherlock, who was staring at me like I should recognise the name. Then realisation crossed his face as he remembered I wasn't there.

"Who is Moriarty?" I asked John, as Sherlock didn't look like he was going to answer any questions. John rubbed his chin nervously, before turning to me.

"Moriarty considers himself to be Sherlock's nemesis. He's pretty much insane. A month before you arrived, Moriarty framed Sherlock for the kidnap of two children. He turned the whole police force around on Sherlock, making him and I fugitives." He paused to scowl at Lestrade who shifted uncomfortably. "Sherlock met up with Moriarty on the roof of Bart's Hospital, where they talked. Moriarty told Sherlock that unless he jumped off the building, three assasins would kill me, mrs Hudson and Lestrade. Then Moriarty shot himself in the mouth to stop Sherlock from using him as a bargaining chip, so Sherlock had no choice. He jumped. However, it seemed as though Sherlock wasn't quite finished with the world and knew he was going to his death, so he arranged the homeless network to help him cheat death. He phoned me and made me stand in a certain spot, which I now realise was the spot where inbetween me and Bart's Hospital was a small building. When Sherlock jumped, I only saw him until he dissappeared behind the building. Little did I know he jumped into the dumpster truck. I ran around the building and was run over by one of Sherlock's homeless network on a bike, giving Sherlock time to throw the dummy-Sherlock he had made onto the pavement." John finished quietly, as if he was reliving it.

"The dummy Sherlock?" I frowned, not quite understanding.

"Sherlock got one of the newly dead bodies from the morgue and Molly helped him "redesign" it so he looked like Sherlock." He paused. "It was very lifelike, I honestly thought that it was my best friend." He told me looking down, and I felt very sorry for him. Sherlock could have at least told John that he was going to be ok, i mean, the man must have been a mess! Watching your best friend plummet to their death has got to be hugely traumatic. I shook my head to clear my thoughts, before turning to Sherlock.

"So, what you're saying is that you found a way to survive...and maybe Moriarty did too?" I asked, and he nodded slowly. Sherlock stared at me for a minute as if I was forgetting something, and then it hit me. "...and you think that he had something to do with my capture." I said quietly, looking at the floor. This means that I was tortured by some guy that Sherlock pissed off. Nice (note the sarcasm).

Unable to be in the same room as a rotting corpse any longer, I stood up and walked out of the door. I took my overalls off and left them on a table before I walked outside. As much as I hated to admit it, Donovan was right; Sherlock enjoys these crimes. After being outside for ten minutes, Sherlock and John joined me. Together we walked, in silence, to the main road and flagged down a taxi. When one pulled up, Sherlock got in and I followed. When john got in and shut the door, we drove off. Sherlock and John turned to me.

"We, have something we need to say." Sherlock paused, as if trying to figure out how to say it. "John thinks I need to apologise. And I guess I do." He looked up at me. "It was wrong of me to tell you to give up your baby, I just thought it would be better that way. I mean, it would be hard to raise a child on your own so..." He looks at John who continues.