Chapter Three- Mycroft Holmes

• Dedicated to Sherlock (the BBC show)

        Hey guys!  sorry for taking so long, i was really busy!  I have to prepare for the rest of my Science assesment thingy so I will do my best toupload ASAP.  Bear with me xx  Please vomment, I want to know what you think xx

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Chapter 3

I woke from my nap startled, to the sound of a heated argument in the living room.  I groaned lightly before swinging my feet off my bed    I yelped as my sweatpants got caught on the end of my bed and I fell flat on my face.  As I did, the voices from the adjoining room quietened down considerably.  I pulled at the cotton that ripped straight away, leaving me fall flat on my face with a hole in my brand new sweatpants.  Brilliant.  I stood up and quickly brushed myself down before starting to walk into the main room.  As I poked my head around the corner, I saw Sherlock pacing anxiously, next to a man who was sitting in Sherlock’s chair.  I instantly recognised him as Mycroft, the man who tried to give me ten thousand pounds if I spied on Sherlock; I was instantly cautious around him.  I edged into the room and towards Sherlock, frowning when I saw his worried face. 

            “What’s going on?” I asked him, not taking my eyes of Mycroft.  When Sherlock didn’t respond, I turned to face him.  He was leaning by the window, staring out at nothing.  I frowned at Mycroft and stalked towards him. “What’s going on?” I repeated my voice stern with a hint of worry.  Why wasn’t anyone answering me?!  Mycroft looked at me, took a deep breath before answering me.

            “There’s been some…news.” He paused and started fiddling with the umbrella he had by the chair.  I raised my eyebrows impatiently, waiting for him to continue.  When he didn’t, I turned to Sherlock who was watching us intently.  He walked over to the chair opposite Mycroft, and rested his chin on his hands.  He shut his eyes, in deep thought then flicked his wrist, insisting that we left.  I stood in front of him, my arms crossed and my foot tapping.  He opened one eye and looked at me irritated.  He sighed impatiently. 

            “I have to go to my mind palace.” He explained, shutting his eyes.  Mycroft stood up and walked towards the door.

            “We might as well leave; he won’t be speaking for a while now.”  He opened the door, and waited for me to follow him through.  After I did, I made him explain everything to me. Starting with the mind palace.

            “Ok, the mind palace.  Sherlock likes to remember certain things…things of importance.  Some people use a place of great recognition; a familiar street, a house, it can be anything really.” He paused to take a breath when I interrupted.

            “But Sherlock said palace.” I informed him when he chuckled.

            “Well, it’s Sherlock isn’t it?” He said as if it was obvious…which it was.  I shrugged, agreeing with him.  It does sound like something Sherlock would say. 

After an hour of waiting outside the main room, sitting on the floor, I groaned and stood up to go into the main room.  When I walked inside, Sherlock was lying on the sofa reading a music sheet.  I frowned.

            “So, you left you mind palace then?” I walked over and sat on the end of the sofa, so it bounced when I made contact with it.  I smirked as it caused Sherlock to lose where he was reading. 

            “Yes, about forty minutes ago.” He mumbled, leaning in to read the sheet of paper.  I scoffed, annoyed.

            “So, we were waiting out there for an hour, whilst you were sitting around in here, doing absolutely nothing-” He cut me off with a wave of his hand, before sitting up and putting his music sheet on the floor.  He stared at me for a while, his eyes piercing into mine. I shifted uncomfortably in my seat before clearing my throat. 

            “Er Sherlock?” I waved my hand in front of his face to try and snap him out of his trance like state. 

            “What?” He leant back, annoyed.  I blinked and shook my head, dismissing that strange and awkward moment when Sherlock started talking again.  “So, the day we first met, you were talking with Mycroft.  What did he say to you?” He asked, a slightly humorous tone was evident in his voice.  I thought for a moment about whether or not I should mention the fact that Mycroft asked me to spy on Sherlock for a considerable amount of money.  Think fast, think fast….

            “Mycroft, erm, wanted to know….where the nearest bookstore is.” I mentally cursed myself.  He’d never buy that, it was such a lame cover-up.  Obviously Sherlock agreed with me as he burst out laughing.  I sat there, waiting for his outburst to end and when it did, he cleared his throat. 

            “How much did he offer you?” He asked, which completely confused me.  How did he know?  Then, as if to answer my thoughts he said, “He offered John ten thousand to spy on me.  It was a shame he didn’t take it.  We could’ve used the money.  I take it you didn’t take the money?” I shook my head.

            “No, I didn’t.  I didn’t think accepting money from a stranger in return from spying on you is the way to go.” I said bluntly, now regretting that I hadn’t taken the money.  Sherlock stood up and started to walk to his room. 

            “Mycroft’s my brother, Jo.” He walked out of the main room, leaving me sitting on the sofa.  Well, how was I supposed to know?  They didn’t look alike…ah well.  I checked my watch to see it was 11:15pm.  No wonder I was tired.  I stood up and wandered to my room. 

Neither Jo nor Sherlock had noticed the small camera that had been planted in the corner of the bookshelf, which had been watching over them for some time.