AUTHOR'S NOTE

Assalamualaikum everyone

How are you all doing?

I finally decided to leave an author's note here. I didn't do that often in this book because everytime i was writing a chapter, i used to be in hurry. And i would be lying if i said that i didn't want this story to end. I wanted to end this story as quickly as i could, not because i didn't love it. Because i did. I really did. But because from over a year now, i have been depressed. When the government here decided to suspend internet and phone services indefinitely and ensure curfews in August 2019, i knew it was going to be frustrating. And even though i was now at home for months and i could have written more and more and updated chapters later on when i eventually would have internet access, i couldn't. Being at home all the time and not having any information about your relatives and friends was really depressing. I just couldn't write at all. For months, it felt like a prison. And it was all so monotonous.

When Internet services were resumed in February, i thought i would update now. But it was so hard to write. It wasn't like my mind was blank. It was full of thoughts. I kept thinking all the time, but not about how i will proceed this story. No! I was thinking about the place where i was living. My home. Kashmir. I was thinking about what happened. How many lives were lost. And how the total media blackout was just making it hard for everyone to understand the severity of situation.

I am sorry. I know i shouldn't be talking about this. But even though i have very few readers on this story, i feel connected to all of you. You all stayed till the end of this story.

I think what i really want to say is that thank you and please pray for Kashmir. Its hard living in a warzone. And the situation is so worse here now that these stories that once worked as an escape don't help me anymore.

Also thank you for your support. Thank you for following me on this journey of Samreen and Haya and a special thanks to those who followed me here from Haya and Amaan's story.

I love you all!

And now on a lighter note, read this 👇🙂