CHAPTER 3

Date:24 May, 2018

I was striding through woods. It was dark and the only sound was of owls howling and the creak of leaves under my feet. My eyes scanned my surroundings. I had no idea how i ended up here. I was alone and it creeped me. That's when i saw someone. I could make his posture in the moonlight. I fastened my steps as i ran towards the person and finally, his face was visible. It shone in the moonlight. We started taking steps towards each other. Suddenly, i was harshly pulled back by the branches of a huge tree as they started crawling around me and trapped me. I tried to free myself but in vain.

His steps faltered and he held me with his captivating gaze. His eyes turned cold and i felt myself freezing under his stare. With his eyes still pierced on mine, he started taking steps backwards, away from me and leaving me here trapped.

"No! Don't leave me!" I yelled but he kept fading away

"STOP! please" I cried but he faded away in the darkness

"ZAYER!"

"What is with the face?" Haya's question pulled me out of my reverie. I looked at her and Khala who were both staring at me.

"Nothing. I am fine" I grumbled and picking up the glass of juice, i gulped it down in one go.

We were having breakfast and fortunately Zayer was not here, not yet atleast. Last night, after the nightmare, i couldn't sleep. I don't even get it. What was the nightmare about and why would Zayer be in it? I cannot stop thinking about it and it is giving me headache.

"Is Zayer still sleeping?" Haya asked

Oh no. Don't talk about him please

"Yes. It's Sunday and he sleeps for a bit more time today" Khala replied

Well..good for me.

"Why do all boys wake up so late?" Haya huffed

"Well be glad Amaan has a habit of waking up early" Khala said

"Oh yeah. But i am talking about boys Mom. Amaan is a man."

I chuckled "How is Amaan Man and Zayer just a boy?" I asked and i am sure she is going to hit me with classic Haya logic.

"Because Amaan is married. You really need to man up to get married. I mean i am a hard thing to handle and so far, Amaan is doing pretty well" She reasoned

"Well we can't argue with you there. You surely are the hard thing to handle" Khala said

"Assalamualaikum" The grumpy voice interrupted us. My breath hitched in my throat as he walked towards the table.

"Finally the princess is awake" Haya commented. He chuckled and kneeling down, he kissed Haya's cheek.

I stuffed my mouth with sandwich and ignored him. I avoided looking into his eyes. Those eyes that were cold as ice in my nightmare. That nightmare looked so real and right now, i hated him because even though it was just a nightmare, he left me alone. I don't know why does it bother me. It just does and more than i would like to admit.

Zayer Qadri, What on earth are you doing to me?

__________

"Here is your black tea" I scrunched my face as i placed the cup down in front of Zayer. How he is able to drink this would always stay a mystery to me and that too without sugar.

"I am the one who is about to drink this. Why are you making faces?" He looked at me amusingly

"I just don't see the point of torturing your taste buds" I said, shrugging my shoulders