CHAPTER 5

Date:25 June, 2018

"Why? Why would you do that to my child?"

"What are you talking about? This is so cute"

"It's PINK!!"

"So what? What if it's a girl?"

"Yeah so?"

"So she would love pink"

"Why would my daughter love pink?"

"Every girl does"

"Hello! Have you just met me?"

After Amreen finished shopping, we decided to shop for the upcoming baby and as in 'we' i meant Amreen and Me. Amreen and i are shopoholics. However, Haya started whining and cursing the word shopping right after we stepped out of first shop. We thought shopping for baby would be amazing, but, seeing how Haya and Amreen ended up debating over colour pink in the middle of the shop, i started regretting this decission. Haya's expostulation for colour pink never fails to amuse me.

"What if your daughter does like pink?" Amreen asked

Haya gasped dramatically "Why would you say that?"

I rolled my eyes and before Amreen could reply, i jumped in between them. "We won't buy anything in pink. We will go for colour and type of dress that both genders can wear. Does that settle the issue?" I looked between them, waiting for them to comply

Haya shrugged her shoulders non chalantly "Fair enough"

"Sounds good" said Amreen.

"Good. Great. I am glad we have come to understanding" I sighed in relief.

Next half an hour passed quietly and we bought some toys which were barbie free and clothes, more than half of which were either black or blue.

By the time it was over, we were famished, so we walked to the restaurant to eat something. Amreen excused herself saying she has to use rest room and that's when Haya took the opportunity to talk to me

"So what are these nightmares like? How long have you been getting them?" She asked

"A week or so and they feel quite real" I quavered

"Well they might mean something or they might not be anything at all. The best thing to do for now is to not let it alter your daily life" She said and then roamed her gaze over my face "and do not let it affect your health."

"I am fine" I grunted

"Sure you are" She answered sardonically

I glared at her "I really am. Don't be cynical. I am just not getting enough sleep"

"The restroom here is terrible" Amreen shuddered and sat on her chair

"Is that why you are blushing?" Haya asked amusingly

"Huh?" Amreen blinked several times at Haya as she tried to comprehend her words.

"I made a lot of bathroom excuses before wedding to talk to Amaan"

I chortled as Amreen's cheeks turned as red as tomato. She grinned at Amreen before turning to me "When are you getting married? It's so fun to tease and make you two blush like a girl" She spoke like a child who was given candy.

"We are girls" I corrected her

"Yes. We are. I know that. Did i gave you any other impression?"

"No! You just...You know what? Nevermind"

__________

"Mom please"

".....how should i tell her my daughter is so obstinate, she won't even consider glancing at guy for once?"

"I am not doing this again!"

"You have no compassion for my poor nerves"

"Dad save me" I mouthed at my Father who was quietly devouring his breakfast whilst ignoring the havoc my mother was creating.

He mouthed 'you are on your own' back to me, making me grunt in frustration. My mother has been bugging me to get married. Honestly, it was my fault. I shouldn't have let her watch pride and prejudice. Now she is pulling Mrs. Bennet on me. The only difference between her and my mother right now is that she is not making me throw myself at every other guy i see.

Finally, batting my eyelashes and pouting at my Father few times softened his heart towards me a bit and he asked me to go and wake my lazy brother up.

Grinning widely, i fled away from dining room as if it was on fire. I climbed stairs, skipping one step everytime and stormed into Samar's room. He was lying flat on his stomach. His mouth was open and he was drooling.

"Gross" I sneered. I shook him repeatedly to drag him out of his wonderland. When he didn't budge, i did what i am best at doing. I yelled in his ear. His eyes shot open. They were wide and alarmed , but the moment they landed on me, they narrowed down and a full scowl formed on his face.

"Are you planning on making me deaf?" He sat straight and rubbed his eyes.

"You weren't waking up"

"Yeah well it doesn't mean the very first sound i hear in the morning is you amaturely playing drums in my ears."

"Get out of the bed. Will you?" I frowned.

As he hopped out of the bed, i climbed on it and stretched my legs.

"What are you doing?" His eyes again narrowed at me.

"Waiting for you to get fresh so we could go and have breakfast"

"Thanks but i know my way to the table. I don't need you chaperoning me"

I rolled my eyes at him. Him pestering me was the last thing i was up for right now. "Our Mother is in a very chilling mood, so i am avoiding her"

"Let me guess. She wants you to get married" He pointed out

I clapped my hands together "And that's why, no matter how much ugly you are, you are still my brother"

Not a second after these words left my mouth, the notebook laying on his study table levitated and landed right on my face.

"Jerk!" I shrilled and tossed the notebook aside. As much as i wanted to throw it back at him, i decided otherwise in respect of notebook.

"Get out of my room" He said before walking into washroom to get fresh.

I again made myself comfortable on his bed. Now that i was alone, i got time to process my own thoughts. The reason i didn't want to get married was because i was terrified. My life right now was perfect. I know changes are necessary and exciting but they are also uncertain and terrifying. What if i chose the wrong man?

As if these messy thoughts were not enough, i started picturing certain face as my husband. I don't know from where it suddenly flashed in my mind but as soon as it did, i shook my head vigorously, trying to get rid of his face beaming in front of my eyes.

All the marriage talk has finally managed in driving me insane.

____________