CHAPTER 15

Date: 6 February, 2020

Zayer would never know the way that sentence broke her. She wondered did he hear it too? Did he hear it when her heart shattered into pieces. Did he feel anything when he stepped on to those pieces and crushed them further? She could hear Haya arguing with him and him arguing back. She could see his lips moving. He was saying something but she couldn't hear it at all. With staggered steps, she moved backwards, wanting nothing but to get away from him as soon as possible. Turning around on her heels, she exited the room.

She didn't say anything at all to him. Not even a word. Zayer stared at her retreating back, knowing he broke her in best way he could. He knew marrying Faria was going to be a mistake but loving Samreen seemed much bigger than that.

"Don't do this. How could you marry her? You know how she is." Haya said passing a quick loathing glare towards Faria who seemed ready to explode.

"Exactly. I know how she is, so i am not in for any surprises. She is selfish but at least she isn't pretentious."

Haya shook her head in disapproval "you are making a huge mistake."

"I have already made a huge mistake. You should leave now."

Haya stomped her foot in anger and passing one last hateful look at Faria, she left her fool of a brother alone with selfish witch.

As soon as they left, Faria huffed. "Your sister is mental."

"Excuse me?"

"Haya. She is favouring the girl who tried to harm her."

"That's none of your concern." He said and walked back to his chair.

Faria sat in front of him and continued to stare him. He knew her gaze was on him but decided to ignore her and tried to concentrate on work. However, all his concentration was gone the moment Samreen had decided to step into his office.

He couldn't forgive her even if he tried. Haya meant the world to him and the girl he loved tried to harm her. She tried to ruin her relationship to save herself. And even if he forgave her for this, how was he supposed to unsee what he saw? Those pictures. The way he held her. How close were they. She should have told him in the beginning. Maybe he would have forgiven her at that time but her lies hurt him. Her selfishness hurt him.

He wasn't going to forgive her anytime soon and by the time his anger was going to subside, everything would be in rubble.

"So when are you going to send your new Mom to my house?" Faria asked

"Tonight."

"So soon?" Faria exclaimed

"Yes."

"You are really very eager to hurt her. Aren't you?" She asked

He surrendered the papers and looked at her passively. He didn't want to hurt her. He wanted to get away from her as much as possible and marrying Faria would do that. He no longer believed on right girl coming along, so instead of giving himself time and chance to find someone better, he decided to fulfill his promise. A promise to marry Faria.

"I just want to get this done with. If we are going to marry, how does it matter when we do it."

"Alright whatever. I don't mind. I have been waiting for this for a long time anyway. I'll see you tonight." Faria said and flicking her hair one last time, she got up and left the room.

Sighing distressedly, he stood up and walked to the huge glass window which faced the road bustling with traffic and people.

He wished he could escape his own thoughts, his own self. He loved her and he still did and he knew he always would. You only fall in love once. In his case, he fell way too hard. So hard that he didn't know how to get up now. Its the people you love hard that have the power to hurt you the most. The hurt was so deeply embedded in his heart now that he couldn't think beyond it. He couldn't see beyond it.