CHAPTER 9

Date:2 October, 2018

Do read the note at the end

___________________

"And what if i am not afraid of facing any harm? What if i want us to be together and handle it together? What if i want to spend my life with you?"

Did i really said those words? Did i really said i want to spend my life with him? That's why it's said think before you act. Now i couldn't do anything. The deed was done. Now i had to go where my heart leads which i already knew.

To him.

He seemed to be out of words because he parted his lips six times- yes i counted- to say something but then deciding otherwise, he stayed quite again. And finally when he spoke, i wanted to bang his head to the head board. I hate rhetorical questions.

"What?"

"Seriously? 10 minutes of silence and this is the best you could come up with?" Haya interrupted, although there was nothing much to interrupt.

Zayer glared at her and then looked back at me "You may not be afraid of facing any harm but i am not selfish enough to let you in the stupid mess i created. This is my problem. I have to deal with it. I like you Samreen. I really do and i wish the circumstances were different but they are not. Faria is a bully. She will make your life miserable"

"Oh i love bullies because i bully them back. Areeba was a bully, but now she is my friend. Maybe Faria will become her friend too. Oh and by the way, Areeba is getting married" Haya interrupted again, but the moment she noticed our eyes shooting daggers at her, she slouched on the couch and raised her hands in surrender

"Sorry I won't interrupt again."

I fixed my eyes on him. He had beautiful eyes. I could look at them forever.

God Samreen! Focus on the matter in hand!

"The beauty of marriage is that it ties two people in a beautiful bond. Your and mine problem becomes our problem."

"And what if she breaks us?" He asked

"We don't stop loving just because of the fear of losing" I replied and then realising the intensity of my words, i quickly added "i mean liking, not loving" I shook my head and mentally killed myself with a huge cannon for stupid slip out.

"You know i could have interfered to end the awkwardness in the room, but you guys told me to shut up, so i am going to keep my mouth shut" Haya said and making a gesture of zipping her mouth, she stretched her legs on the couch and made herself comfortable.

"But you didn't shut up. You spoke" Zayer said

"Yeah you are right! I unwillingly saved you from all the awkwardness." Haya huffed and then smirked evilly "So Samreen loves you. Huh?" She said and then stayed quiet. She was so going to pay for this.

I looked everywhere but him. I don't love him. Stupid stuff tends to come out of my mouth when i am nervous. I just have a very deep liking for him. I mean he is tolerable.

Luckily, the door opened and revealed Amaan. His arrival saved us from the long awkward silence.

"I cannot believe you guys left me with old people downstairs" Amaan frowned and making a beeline to Haya, he slouched beside her on couch

"No we didn't. You left to drop Mom, Dad and Amreen home" Haya replied

"Whatever" Amaan grumbled and put his head on Haya's shoulder "I am so tired" He mumbled and then yawned

"Samreen just said she loves Zayer" Haya exclaimed, making Amaan's head shoot up from her shoulder. All his sleep and tardiness seemed to be gone.

"No way!"

"Yes way!" Haya cheered

"Well this is interesting." He said and then again dropped his head on Haya's shoulder "But not more than my sleep" and with that, he was off sailing to his dreamland

"Anyway..." Haya said after everyone was done staring at Amaan for few seconds "Look Zayer, you cannot distance yourself from what you want just because you are afraid someone might screw it up. Besides, every relationship has to go through something together. But the most important thing is that you two are together."

Zayer sighed. He sat on his bed and looked at me. I tried not to look at him but I couldn't help. I still had no clue how i managed to do what i did. To tell him i like him? I mean up until few hours ago, i wasn't even sure about what i was feeling. I was so confused. And now i impulsively expressed my wish to marry him and my feelings about him.

"Fine" Zayer conceded

Haya beamed with happiness and i? Well i was trying not to smile and act all calm in which i succeeded, but the blush crept my cheeks giving away my calmness.

"Get up Amaan! Zayer agreed. He is not going to chicken out!" Haya exclaimed, shaking Amaan out of sleep.

"I wasn't chickening out" Zayer frowned

Amaan blinked twice, trying to adjust back in the world of living and then smiled "That's amazing. But your parents have yet to talk to you guys. So hold your horses" He said

Haya glared at him and then pulled his hair. "You are better off sleeping. You buzz kill"

Amaan winced and rubbed his hand on his head "You are a violent woman"

"Anyway... congratulations you guys" Haya cheered and stood up, making Amaan fall right on couch and walked to me, she hugged me and then hugged Zayer.

"Promise me you won't get married before i give birth" Haya said ebulliently

Zayer smiled and ruffled her hair "I promise"

_______________________

All my life, i never thought i would do something so wild. My feelings overtook me and that too those feelings i didn't even know exist. The last time i felt doing something so impulsive was when Nadir was being charming.

And that's when it hit me and i sprang up from my bed and sat straight.

Nadir

How could i forget him? I started hyperventilating as i recalled my big mistake. Marrying Zayer meant sharing this hideous secret of mine with him. And i don't think i was ready to do it. And neither did i have guts to do it.

How would he react when he finds out i was in a haram relationship and tried to sabotage his sister's relationship. How would he react when he would know about my hand in Haya's kidnapping.

And just like that i lost sleep and my heart was no longer quiet. It was in turmoil and there was no getting rid of it.

_____________________

Assalmualaikum everyone

I know it's been a long time since i last updated. Well it turns out writing two stories simultaneously is not my thing. It's very tedious and it has just blocked my mind. I am not able to think of two stories at a time and also manage my social life(which i assure you I don't have much but i still have to study). So i have decided to put this story on hold until i complete the other one which hopefully won't take much time once i give all my attention to it.

So till then...Allah hafiz...and to those who read my other story 'Obsession', i will see you guys there.