CHAPTER 17

Date: 30 March, 2020

Little Daniyal was carried from one person to another, everyone admiring his eyes that were just like Amaan's and rest of him was Haya. Finally, Haya held her son again and no matter how much she tried, she let the tears slid down her cheeks.

Amaan stood by her side trying to hold her as well as himself together.

"So who chose the name?" Amreen asked

"We chose it together a long time ago." Amaan said

"Its beautiful."

"Thank you"

"Where is Samreen?" Haya asked as she looked around the room.

"You told me she was here." Haya said to Amaan.

"She left. Said it was getting late." Faria said and walked to Haya.

"Congratulations by the way. Plus i don't think you should be looking for Samreen. This is a family moment." Faria said with her cherry on top pretend sweet tone

"Then maybe you should go because you are intruding the family moment." Haya answered and Amaan had to nudge her with his arm to stop her.

Haya smiled tightly at Faria and spoke "I am sorry. Its just the hormones speaking."

"You already gave birth." Faria said with her eyes narrowed down at Haya and a frown smashed on her face.

"Oh! Well...then i must really hate you."

"Alright that's enough." Amaan barged into the conversation before it turns into a fight.

"Haya needs to rest so why don't you all go home and i will stay here?"

Everyone agreed and left for their homes. Amaan helped Haya lay down and within no time, she was asleep.

Kissing her forehead, he slowly walked out of the room and shut the door behind him. To his surprise, Faria was still there.

"Why are you still here?"

"Your wife hates me and believe me i hate her too. I am trying to be patient with her and with everyone who is against me marrying Zayer. Despite what everyone, including Zayer thinks, I do love him and not just for his money. So if your wife tries to ruin anything, i will make her life miserable."

"Is that a threat?"

"Yes it is." Faria was standing so close to Amaan now that he could count the freckles on her nose.

"Listen to me. If you even try to hurt my wife, i will kill you and that is a threat too." Amaan said

"Well then you better try to keep your wife out of my hair because i am marrying Zayer one way or another. Nothing and no one is going to stop me."

With that, she walked away. Amaan stood there worried about everyone, especially Zayer. Faria wasn't just wrong for him. She was dangerous too.

________________________________

"Hey" Samar stood at half opened door of Samreen's room and made Samreen to look away from her phone.

"Hey." She answered and sat straight on her bed.

Samar walked in and sat beside her.

"How is Haya?" He asked

"Great and see? Amaan sent me the picture of baby. Isn't he cute?" She flashed the screen towards him

"Yeah. Didn't you see baby there?" Samar asked

"Ummm...No. I left right after he was born. I didn't get to see him."

Samreen shut the phone and looked at her brother to find him already looking at her.

"What?"

"I miss fighting with you."

Samreen smiled. "I miss you too."

There was a silence. Both stared ahead.

"Why?" Samar finally spoke.

"Why would you do something like that? I know we always fight but i was so proud of you."

"I am so sorry. I am sorry i let you down." Samreen whispered.

"I don't know how i let all of that happen. I became so selfish. Do you hate me?"

"What? No of course not."

"Dad does."

"He doesn't hate you. He is just..."

"Disappointed?"

Samreen wiped away the tears and laid back on her bed, facing the ceiling.

"Everything will be alright. Trust Allah."

Samreen smiled but how could it be alright without him in her life? How was anything ever going to make sense to her again. How was she going to stop loving him? How was she supposed to see him with someone else?

Lying there, her mind took her to the past, making her recount everything from the day everything started to fall to the day her world finally crashed down.

_____________________

Sorry for the late and short update. You would think being in quarantine will help me to write but it is doing the exact opposite thing.

Anyway, how is quarantine life treating everyone here? For me, its pretty much same. Being a kashmiri, i am kind of used to it. Also, being an introvert helps a lot too.

Hope you are all doing great and everyone is safe.

Stay safe
Stay at home
And wash your hands