Chapter 31

5 months later

"How do I tell him?" I ask Calumn, "I'm still not 100% sure.''

He sighs, "you know he has wanted this for a long time, he will be happy. I say you go to the hospital just to be sure. If you are, than tell him."

"You're right, I need to stop stressing about it." I sigh, "you always know exactly what to say, don't you."

"I just know you," he laughs. ''Do you want me to go with you or Jaeden to go?''

"I want you to go, if I'm not... I don't want to get his hopes up."

"Okay, well then let's go." He gets up out of his seat and grabs my hand, bounding to the door. My short legs struggle to keep up with him.

"Slown down will you?" I raise my voice in a jokingly manner. Calumn chuckles, knowing well that I was only half serious.

****
We walk up to his car, he opens the door for me. I can tell he's excited by the way he dances to the drivers side door, spinning around in circles. He opens the door and jumps in eagerly, then puts the key in the ignition and drives off to the hospital.

Hospital

Calumn immediately jumps out of the car once we park, opens my door, and grabs my hand. I get out of the car and smile nervously at him.

"Are you ready?" He asks with a concerned look.

I sigh, "ready as I'll ever be." I smile, he takes my hand and we walk in the building.

We stop at the front desk and a young looking man is on the computer. He looks up at us, well me I should say. A large grin appears on his face.

"Well, aren't you just the most beautiful girl I've ever seen." He says very confidently.

"Bet you use that on all the girls, huh?" I say.

"Only for you ba-." Before he could finish, Calumn stops him.

"Don't even finish that sentence, pretty boy. First of all, I'm standing right here. Second, I could be her damn boyfriend for all you know. Third, shes married so fuck off!"

The guy has a shocked look on his face. Hell, I would be scared of a 6'5, 260 pound guy. "I apologize to the both of you. Now what may I help you with?"

"Thats more like it," Calumn says. I try to refrain myself from laughing.

"I need a pregnancy check done," I say. The receptionist has a sad look on his face but nods and types into the computer. I roll my eyes at his expression.

He asks the usual questions, name, birthdate, blah blah blah.

We go sit down and wait to get called in.

"Are you okay?" He asks, I look up and nod.

"I'm okay, just nervous."

He hugs me and I hug him back. "You will be a great mom, if you are pregnant. But if you aren't, then you can talk to Jaeden about possibly trying for a baby. He will be ecstatic if you are, I've known him for a long time."

"I don't know what I'm so worried about. I guess just the responsibility of having a child, being a mother. I never had proper parents to grow up with, there was no love in my house, even in the foster home I would get picked on. Thats when I became mean, nobody even dared to come near me. Thats why I never got adopted, until those assholes. They just wanted publicity, praise from the public."

"They're pieces of shit for ever doing that to you. I'm not taking pity on you, because I know you hate it. And I'm not saying I know what its like, my parents love me, but they're always away. It wasn't the same, they would cancel about every time they said they were coming to visit. As an apology they'd buy me something expensive."

"I understand, I had all the stuff a girl could ever dream of. But love is so much more important, I'd rather be homeless with love, than rich with hate."

He rubs my back and speaks, "looks like we have all been through hell and back, huh?" he laughs.

"Molly?" a nurse comes through the door. "The doctor is ready to see you," she says.

I sigh, we both get up and follow her to a room. "She will be in shortly, you two can have a seat on those chairs in the corner." The nurse walks out of the room, not even a minute after she left, the doctor walked in.

"Good morning, I'm doctor Tammy." She says and shakes both of our hands. I smiled up at her and Calumn nodded. "Okay, I'm going to need a urine sample since by the looks of it, you would be pretty early along." She handed me a cup and I went into the bathroom.

I came back and she took the cup, "I will be back shortly. Hang tight here for a bit," She smiled and walked out.

                      20 minutes later

The doctor walked in the room, "I have good news. Congratulations, you're pregnant!"
____________________________________________________

FINALLY!

To be continued...