Chapter 26

I wake up on the other side of the bed, across from Calumn. He is still asleep, so I make no attempt to get up. I close my eyes again and scoot in closer to Calumn. My mind, yet again wanders to Jaeden. I finally get to see him again today. I've missed him so much. I start to think about all the good times we have had and a tear rolls down my face. Soon I start to silently cry. Tears are continuously rolling and my eyes are blurry from it.

Calumn starts to toss and turn beside of me, I wipe the tears away from my eyes and face so he doesnt know that I was crying. He opens his eyes, turns on his side and looks at me.

''How long have you been awake?'' He asked me.

''Just around an hour or so.''

''Ok, how about we go get some breakfast and then I will bring you to Jaeden.'' He says. I rapidly nod my head, jump out of the bed, and run to the closet. I close the door and go to the clothes. I decide on an outfit, that includes grey sweatpants and a black hoodie.

I come out of the closet and Calumn is sitting on the bed on his phone. He looks at me and smiles.

''Sorry, I kind of don't have anything to wear.'' I say with my head down.

He gets up and comes over to me. 'Its fine, you dont have to be nervous around me. Think of me as your therapist but also best friend.'' He says and kisses my forehead. I blush at this. He laughs and goes into the closet.

I suck in a breath and go downstairs. Opening the fridge and looking around, I decide that I might as well make breakfast. I take out, eggs, sausage, and bacon. I heat up the pan and start frying everything up. Footsteps are heard coming down the stairs and Calumn walks in.

''What are you making?'' He asks while sitting down on the counter beside of me.

''Eggs, bacon, and sausage.'' I say, not looking up from the pan.

''I could have cooked you know?'' He laughs.

''I know, but I wanted to. See it as a thankyou for helping me.''

''It was no problem, really.'' He says. I nod and finish cooking and start putting everything on plates for us. We both take a seat at the table and start eating. ''Where did you learn how to cook so well?'' He asked me.

I shrugged my shoulders, ''I always had to cook meals for my foster parents.'' I said.

Calumn shook his head. ''I don't think that's fair. Did they make you do everything around the house?'' He asked, I nodded.

''Yeah, pretty much. I was basically their maid."

''What all did they make you do?'' He asked.

''Just basic things, but a bit over the top. Like cooking every meal and cleaning the whole house everyday. And if it wasn't good enough, I would get beat.'' I said the last part quietly.

''I'm sorry that happened, you didn't deserve it.''

I shrug and look down, ''that's not what they thought apparently. I was only there for publicity, its what they craved, besides power. People would think that they were heroes, adopting the girl that nobody wanted. Oh how those people were wrong, so so wrong.''

****
We finish our food, well, Calumn did. I could barely eat half my food. He washed off the dishes and we got in his car.

''Ready to go?'' He asked me.

''Yep,"' I said in an uppity tone.

He laughed. 'Alright, let's go.'

****
About a half hour later, we were at Jaeden's house. My heart started racing, out of both happiness and nervousness. What will he say? Will he be mad- 'Stop thinking like that!' I mentally yell at myself. 'Of course he will be happy that you're back, he loves you.' I take a deep breath, I know he loves me. And I love him, I'm just so nervous.

''Molly,'' Calumn calls me. I turn towards him. ''You okay?'' He asks, I nod my head.

''Yeah, just a bit nervous.'' I say and give him a small smile.

''You know you don't need to be nervous, he loves you, I can tell.'' He says reassuringly.

I nod and suck in a breath.

We get out of the car and go up to the front door. He knocks, 'You ready?' He asks. I nod my head and smile.

The door opens and Jaeden is standing in the doorway.

______________________________________________________

Okay okay, before I get any comments, I just want to clear one thing up. Calumn is not a love interest and never will be. Yes, he kissed her on the forehead, but in a friend kind of way. Molly had listened to her instinct, not her past, that is why she trusts him.