Chapter 14

Did he just say what I think he said? It can't be true.....it just can't.

'They're w- what?' I studder

'Your mother is dead. Your father is alive, but very severely injured.' I tilt my head to the side and furrow my eyebrows, not knowing what he meant. 'During the crash, your father was not very hurt. He is in surgery now, the doctors are trying to make him better' I nod slowly and look at my feet.

I can't believe it, shes really gone. What am I going to do? How will my dad feel when he finds out?

I feel tears start to form in my eyes and they start streaming down my face.

The doctor puts his hand on my shoulder and walks out out of the room. Wow, that was comforting. Note my sarcasm.

1 month later: At Home

'This is all your fault!' My father yelled while kicking me in the stomach. 'She would still be alive if you weren't here!'
He kicks me again.

'I- it wasn't my f- fault'

'SHUTUP!!'

*kick*

'YOU!'

*kick*

'WORTHLESS!'

*kick*

'MISTAKE!'

*kick*

*punch*

*slap*

*kick*

*punch*

*slap*

Over and over again, he repeatedly hit me in one way or another.

'Shes gone! My happiness is gone forever, because of you! God, I wish she would've gotten rid of you at the start!' He yelled between punches, then went over and got the whip. No, please no... he ripped my shirt off and smacked the whip down on my back, I screamed in pain.

He leaned down and whispered in my ear. 'Every time you scream, another one gets added. Now count,' he scolds me.

*crack*

'O- one,' I whimper out. *crack* 'two....'

God

Please make this stop.......

End of flashback

The P.O.V's will be switching from Molly to Jaeden, a lot for the next few chapters - Author

"Jaeden?" I put my hand on his shoulder. He looks at me for a minute or two and then starts to cry. I wrap my arms around him while he cries. I rub his back and tell him it's going to be okay, but that just makes him cry more. Was it something I said? Did I cause this?

Jaeden P.O.V
I dont know what came over me, I never cry. I never cry in front of people especially . My past hasn't made me really upset in years. I cant even remember the last time I cried about my past. But, the way Molly looked at me, . She looked and sounded so concerned? Or was it pity? I dont know why it made me so upset. But, it did....and that's the thing that confuses me.

Molly P.O.V
"Jaeden? Are you alright? That was a stupid question. "Do you need to talk and tell me what happened? You know I'm always here to listen." But that didnt help at all, he cried more and tightened his embrace around me. "Talk to me please. I hate seeing you upset, it hurts me to see you like this." Still, no words. He just tightened his arms around me and kept sobbing.

I hate seeing him so down, so.... broken
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Jaeden P.O.V
I hate Molly seeing me like this, I feel so vulnerable. I never cry. I dont because I had nobody that really cared for me. That was.... until I met Molly.

After my moms death, my dad started to abuse me. He blamed me for what happened to my mom. And I started to believe everything he said.

Worthless

Coward

Trash

Mistake

Murderer...

Those words would repeat in my head over and over, again and again. I really thought about killing myself, but I couldn't bring myself to do it. I wanted to look forward to my life after I got out of the hell that I once had a privilege to call home.

My life was a living hell. But, the stories not over yet.

So, the abuse went on for 5 years. I was around 11 years old when it finally stopped. My father hadn't beaten me for days. I was relieved.

I remember coming home from school and my father usually out drinking, popping pills or smoking. But, his car was in the driveway. That meant one of his friends probably picked him up and they went to a party or out clubbing. But, I was wrong. I was so wrong.

I called out for him multiple times, but no reply. So I went upstairs to do homework.
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
2 days had passed and he had still not shown up. I went downstairs to get meat out of the deep freezer and I saw something I really wish I didnt.

I look up and see...

________________________________________________

Dont you just love cliffhangers?

Thankyou to all the people for giving my story a chance. I know, it may not be very good. But I'm trying here. I'm trying to make the chapters longer and better, I am currently editing.

______________________

To be continued...