Chapter 24

Calumn is going to be an important person in this story now

          Picture of Calumn above ___________________________________________________

___________________________________________________

Calumn P.O.V
I was shocked when Jaeden called. After all of this time, 8 years to be exact, he finally calls. It does kind of hurt to know that the only reason that your lifetime bestfriend called you was because he needed help. I would have felt a lot better if we had still kept in touch, but sadly we never did.

*flashback to 12 years ago*
My seven year old self walks through the halls, waiting on my bestfriend. I wait for a while and finally see him coming towards me with his head down. I run over and hug him, but he just stands there with no emotion. 'Why are you sad?' I ask him. He shakes his head, I don't understand why he won't talk to me. 'Tell me Jay,' I ask again. 'I'll tell you, I just don't like to talk about it.' I nod my head in understanding.

The rest of the day goes by and all I can think about is Jaeden, why he was sad, why he wouldn't talk to me. I knew he was sad, but I was his bestfriend.

                    After School

I wait by the old oak tree, where Jaeden and me always meet after school. A few minutes pass and he comes up to me. He stops and sighs, 'I'm ready to tell you.' He says quietly, I nod and sit down, as he does too. 'You know when I wasn't here for a few days?' He asked, 'Yeah.' I said. He paused, 'I- I was in the car with my family a- and we got hit by a truck and m- my mom...' he broke down crying, I went over and hugged him. He was in my arms and said, 'she died. My mom is gone forever!' He started balling and shaking. I held him for what felt like hours, I even cried, his mom was like the mom I never had. I can't believe she was gone.

    *still flashback but 4 years later*

Jaeden told me about what had been happening with his father. I never would've thought that his father could do that to him, he loved Jay more than he loved himself. Everything had changed after his mom died. His father changed both physically and mentally. He lost weight, and looked like he hadn't ever shaved.

Jaeden had come to school one day with a whole different emotion, but that's the thing, there was no emotion what so ever. He was like a statue, he never laughed, cried, and barely talked. Jay came up to me after fourth period and pulled me to the side. 'What's wrong?' I asked him, 'This is so hard for me to say right now.' He said, 'Just say it, you know you can always talk to me.' I said, his expression dropped. 'That's the bad thing though, now I can't..' he said, 'What do you mean?' I ask concerningly, 'My dad, h- he killed himself.... the police found out about the abuse...I have no relatives around... I have nowhere to go...They're sending me to a foster family until I'm old enough to live on my own.' I kept a straight face the whole time, but I felt like crying. I was about to lose my best friend. 'Well, maybe we can still see eachother and we can hangout as much as possible until you leave.' I said hopefully, he sighed again. 'But, that's the other thing...I'm leaving tomorrow, early in the morning...' he said with his head down. 'This can't be happening, I can't lose my best friend.' I said with tears in my eyes. He nodded, 'I know, I don't want to leave.' We both now were crying, but the only thing we could do was make the most out of the time we had left together.

                     After School

Like always, I waited for Jaeden beside the old oak tree. He came outside and walked to me. We both faced eachother and fell onto eachother and hugged while we both cried. The beeping of a car horn was heard and voices were calling Jaeden. He looked at them and then at me, he sighed. 'I have to go...' he said quietly, I nodded with my head down and tears in my eyes. 'I know,' I said. 'I'll really miss you,' he said. 'I'll miss you too,' we hugged one last time. 'I will never ever forget you,' we both said in sync. Both of us laughed, the people started yelling and beeping the car horn again, so we said our last goodbyes.

When he got into that car, little did I know, that was the ladt time I would see or talk to him for 8 years.

*end of flashback*