Chapter 23

And just like that, I snapped, not able to take it anymore. His body went limp on top of me, blood splattered across the walls and onto my face. Blood was pouring from his head. I push his body off of mine and get up. The sound of running footsteps comes towards the door. I quickly go to the middle of the room and hold the gun, pointing towards the door.

The door slams open and in come the five men from before. They stop immediately in their tracks. All of them look at me and then look at James on the ground. Their jaws drop, and they look at me. I step forward and they take a step back.

"What, so now that I have a way to defend myself, you're afraid? That's how it works?" I laugh and aim the gun at one of them. "Now, I am getting the hell out of here. If any of you even try to follow me, I won't hesitate to kill every single one of you." Once again, they all just stand there and look at me. "Go. Now!" I yell and they all start running.

I throw the gun and start trying to find an exit.

Jaeden P.O.V
'Have you found her yet?' I ask Calumn.

'Man, it's been a day. Don't worry, I will find her.'

'I'm sorry, I- I'm just worried about her. I know how her ex is, he is insane. And he won't hesitate to hurt her.'

'Shit, I'm trying my best to find her.'

'I know you are, just don't stop looking'

'I will, you know that.'

'I know, I know. Just let me know if you find any information on her.'

'I'll let you know, see you later.'

'Bye'

I hang up the phone and lay down. I might as well try to go to sleep.

Molly P.O.V
I run out of the door, only to find that I'm in the middle of the forest. I look around and run in any direction I feel is best. Dodging and jumping over trees and branches, I run as fast as I can possibly go.

************
I've been running for atleast two hours, I decide it's far enough for now and I stop to sit down. I look up at the sky and start counting stars. It's something I do to calm me down.

*flashback*

'Get out of here you worthless bitch! My friends are coming over and I don't want you to embarrass me!' My foster father yells, while slapping me.

I fall to the ground, but immediately get up and climb the stairs to my room. I lay on my bed an close my eyes. Yelling is heard from downstairs and I immediately knew his friends were here.

About an hour had passed, and I heard my door slowly open. A figure of a man was standing in my doorway.

'C- can I help you?' I say quietly.

'Why, yes you can.' He starts to walk over and sits down beside of me. The man looks me up and down and places his hand on my thigh. I shudder in disgust. He leans in closer to me and I move away.

'Get the hell off of me!' I yell and push him away.

'Oh, we got a fighter here do we?' He pins me down and straddles me. Before he can try anything, I knee his where the sun don't shine and push him off of me. 'You bitch!' He gets up, grabs me by my hair, and throws me to the ground. He starts to kick, punch, and slap me. Once he figures that I've had enough, he walks out of my room.

I pick myself up off the floor and go to my window, I climb out and sit on the roof. I feel like crying, but I look up at the stars and I immediately calm down.

*end of flashback*

I'm pulled out of my thoughts when I hear a branch snap. I immediately jump up and start running again.

Soon I run out in the middle of a sidewalk. I look around and see a man beside me. Hes tall and looks scary, I raise my hands out of defense. 'I- I'm sorry, p- please don't hurt me.' I studder and start to cry. The man leans down beside me. 'Its okay, I'm not going to hurt y- wait. Are you Molly?'