The Preliminaries, Team Seven Didn't Want

"Maybe me and Naruto should've killed some people. We have to have a preliminary?" Sakura groaned in the back of Naruto, and Sasuke rolled his eyes.

"Get off my boyfriend and stop complaining. Just kick their asses and solidify your spot!" Sasuke said a little angrily, lifting Sakura from Naruto.

"Hey asshole, Naruto is my friend! I'm not trying to steal him."

"Don't touch him. I don't want you to touch him." Naruto only yawned allowing them to fight it out. He really wanted to head back to sleep.

"What crawled up your ass and died. Uchiha."

Sasuke scoffed and folded his arms. Sakura scoffed and folded her arms. The entire Arena who quieted down to see team seven duke it out just looked at them.

Naruto hadn't sleep, and neither did Sasuke. Sakura didn't sleep either because Itachi had left her to take a quick mission. Team seven didn't sleep and now they had to fight instead of going straight into the final match.

Which made Sakura mad.

Then Sasuke who had been separated from Naruto was grumpy about how everybody was able to touch his boyfriend but him.

Which made him mad. 

Naruto wasn't even mad, he just clearly didn't want to be bothered with anybody or anything. Even Kurama was grouchy.

"Team seven, are you done?" The proctor asked and Sakura and Sasuke first reaction was to flip the man off, which they did. The man only scoffed and Naruto blinked as he continued speaking.

The sensei's to these children lined the walls, as the Kazekage and Hokage were present.

"You need to control your Genin Itachi." Kurenai said and Itachi rolled his eyes.

"Watch my Genin mop the floors with your." Itachi said as the Genin started heading to their sensei. Itachi opened his arms expecting Sakura to lean into them, however all three of them leaned into his arms with Sakura snuggling into his neck while Sasuke rested on in shoulder and Naruto rested on his chest.

"You all can rest until you fight. Would you like to sit down?" The three of them nodded, and Itachi sat down and the teens rearranged themselves. Sakura sat on his lap, while Sasuke leaned into his side and Naruto sat on Sasuke's lap.

They waited until the proctor called them, it was Naruto turn first. Itachi woke him up and Naruto stood up and jumped over the railing. He yawned and opened his eyes to see he is fighting Kiba. The match is called and Kiba threw smoke bombs. It fogged up the arena, but Naruto opened his eyes and slammed his palm on Kiba heart. Stopping his production of chakra for a moment.

When the smoke cleared Naruto stood and turned to walk back to his team as he was declared the winner and went back to sleep. The next person was Sakura and she woke up, yawning she stood up and stretched. When she stood face to face with Ino she almost wanted to strangle the blonde.

"You are going down forehead." Sakura tilted her head and the minute the man called for the match, Sakura was behind Ino, she tripped her and watched her fall on her face, kneeling on Ino's back Sakura pulled her by her blonde hair and held a Kunai to her throat in which Ino mumbled a weak but audible.

"I quit." Sakura was declared the winner and was kissed on the forehead as she drifted back to sleep.

Things were fine and then Sasuke was called. Itachi moved Naruto to wake Sasuke who only groaned at the loss of warmth, but stood to see he was fighting some no name sand genin. Itachi really felt bad for the genin that faced his genin. Tired and utterly over today's events, they went a little harder than they needed to.

However Itachi did say to go all out.

"Begin." Sasuke only activates his Sharigan and put him in a Genjutsu. Hearing him scream in pain, and then just fall to the ground, Sasuke was declared the winner and headed back to the his team and sat down.

He pulled Naruto back into his lap, and went back to sleep. Itachi listened they called the people who would be moving on to the final round.

Shikamaru
Naruto
Temari
Sakura
Gaara
Sasuke
Kankuro
Neji

One vs One battle. It is unsure of how they'll pick the ninjas they wanted to make Chunin, but Itachi knows that his Genin, deserved the rank, regardless.

"Time to head home. You all have a month off." Itachi said but he ended up scooping Sakura up, watching her lean into his neck. Sasuke and Naruto grumbled about sleeping in the arena.

"Fine. Meet us at home then." Itachi said, but Sasuke scoffed and stood and Naruto slid from his arms and chose to walk next to Sasuke. Walking straight passed the sand Jinchuriki who spoke to him.

"Mother says you carry Kurama." Team Seven turned around and looked at the red head, Naruto opened his blue eyes.

"Yes I do, and I believe I told you." Naruto started as he watched the red head blink and Naruto rolled his eyes.

"So in this month we have off. I want you to think long and hard if you really want to test me, and this village." Naruto said as if sleep was the last thing on his mind.

"I'm not scared of you." Naruto only looked the red head up and down and spoke.

"Well you should be. If there's anybody in the world, you and mother should fear. It's me. Enjoy your month, Shukaku." Team seven ignored the red heads shocked face and walked to the Uchiha home.

"What was that about us ruining the plan?" Kankuro said and his brother huffed.

"He's a sharp one. I have to kill him." Temari chuckled.

"Brutal. Let's go sleep."

Sasuke and Naruto ended up not being able to fall back asleep, they were downstairs listening to Fugaku talk about the people locked up at the police station which did not intrigue anyone of them. However they loved the man and chose to comment when nothing made any sense to them.

"I think the sand is planning an invasion." Naruto said and Fugaku looked at him, Sasuke merely nodded, and Fugaku hummed.

"That should be something you tell your Hokage. Did you even think to mention it to one of your fathers?" Naruto sighed and leaned back.

"I really just want to be able to fight them. Nothing else." Naruto said with a shrug and Fugaku chuckled.

"Still tell them, you might be able to prevent somebody dying." Naruto sighed and nodded, leaning into Sasuke. Sasuke only sighed.

"Who knew you were so destructive." Naruto hummed.

"Well I am part fox." Naruto said gazing up at Sasuke who only smiled.

"Hn."

*