Apologizes Go a Long Way

"Naruto, can we please talk." Naruto was coming downstairs to grab a drink and leave to go bother the Uchiha sons, but was stopped by his brother. Naruto turned around and watched as Shikamaru started speaking.

"I was wrong, and I didn't know why until Ino explained why my actions were wrong. I'm just like those men, trying to justify their actions by changing you and degrading you, which was the problem." Shikamaru took a deep breath.

"Instead of protecting you like I claimed, I was trying to put you in a box, dumb down on your looks and body type and obvious attraction to the same sex. I clearly wanted to change how you looked to the world, not the way the world looked at you and for that I apologize." Naruto listened to his brother, he sat his drink down and looked at Shikamaru.

"I apologize for trying to make you smaller than you are to try and please me, our father and dad. I should've taken your feeling into consideration and I didn't." Shikamaru added, and Naruto held his arms out and Shikamaru breathe a sigh of relief.

Naruto had missed his brother, and missed his family terrible but if they didn't come to this conclusion on their own then that wasn't anything he could do to help them. Shikamaru tightened his hold on Naruto apologizing profusely as Naruto patted Shikamaru's back.

"Thank you for understanding. I love you Shikamaru and it hurt what you said to me and how father and dad didn't even scold you, they instead tried to coddle me and make it seem like I was overreacting. Now can you please tell them what you've learned?" Shikamaru chuckled and nodded, and he sat Naruto down and they caught up about their team.

"We get along well, me and Choji are best friends and Ino finally calmed down once she saw Sasuke kiss Sakura on her cheek." Naruto chuckled he could still remember the way Itachi looked so mad, and also the way Ino shattered the windows in the Hokage's office.

Itachi was upset until Naruto offered to have Itachi kiss him on the cheek to get back at Sasuke which made Sasuke upset, Sakura and Naruto laughed about the situation.

He never really noticed how easy it is to rile up the Uchiha's.

"You like somebody?" Shikamaru asked as he heard his brother happily speak about his team, and while it sounded very familial. It also sounded like a hint of attachment in there.

"Sasuke, he's really dreamy." Naruto said mocking Ino on her statement about the Uchiha which made Shikamaru laugh and Naruto hummed.

"No but I really like Sasuke, something about him makes me happy, and all tingly." Shikamaru ruffled Naruto's hair and nodded.

"So I'll have a brotherly talk with him if you get serious, you know father and dad will be just as crazy." Naruto stood because he was about to be late and smiled.

"Not crazier than me!" Naruto left his brother in a cloud of smoke, and Shikamaru only laughed and headed to his team meeting.

Naruto stood at the base of the tower, Sakura seemed to be dragging both Uchiha's by their collars while they grumbled. Naruto tilted his head and Sakura spoke.

"These two were arguing about Kami knows what. Both seemed to be so upset, yet Mikoto and Fugaku were laughing and when I walked in they stopped but kept dropping slick comments." Sakura said tossing the boys against the walls of the Hokage building.

"Oh my poor Sasuke. Did she hurt you?" Naruto said squatting and placing his hands on Sasuke's cheeks Sasuke huffed.

"I'm thankful she didn't place any chakra behind that hit. She might've actually killed us had she." Sakura was scolding Itachi, for even indulging in Sasuke's crazy assumptions.

"Let me heal you, I only know the basic. Granny should be coming home soon." Naruto placed a kiss to Sasuke's forehead, watching his cheeks heat, but the scar on his cheek disappeared and he watched Sakura do the same and Itachi ears dusted pink.

"Come now, we've made enough of a scene." Sakura said as she and Naruto discreetly bumped fist over their achievement while the Uchiha's apologized to one another.

They opened the door and Shikaku was getting scolded by a drunken man, while Minato sat there nor knowing what to do.

"The longer I wait! The longer my family is in danger you have to help me." Shikaku blinked before speaking.

"Your help just came in, now I need you to sit back down and allow us to let them know of your situation." Shikaku said calmly, and the man did but grumbled, Minato looked to team seven and smiled.

"Naruto, I hear you and Shikamaru made up." Naruto looked at his dad and spoke.

"You should've also heard what I need you and father to do if you want to make up with me. Shikamaru figures it out, and you need to talk to him because I'm not at liberty to keep repeating myself on this same topic." Naruto said and Sasuke hummed behind the blonde.

"Mission statement please." He said giving Naruto a reassuring head pat.

So long story short. This man Tazuna was a bridge builder in the wave country, in the land of water. He needed help completing the bridge and eliminating the threats and Ninjas after him. Which team seven was more than capable of handling,

"When are the sannin due back in the village?" Sakura asked excitedly, and Minato looked at his calendar.

"A month." Sakura turned to Itachi and spoke.

"So we need to leave immediately and cut the mission down to about three weeks." Itachi looked at Sakura and nodded his head.

"Sure are we all packed?" The genin nodded their head and Sakura went over to the man.

"Let's go you drunken old man, time to save the wave." She pulled him up and he tottered a bit but she ultimately just dragged him.

"Sakura, don't handle the client like that." Sasuke said as he stuck close to Naruto.

"Oi Sakura, Carry him and we will tree jump." Naruto said and the door closed before Shikaku looked at Minato.

"Why did you think Itachi would be a better sensei than Kakashi?" Minato decided last minute that Itachi would become their sensei when he returned from his Anbu mission, choosing to stick Kakashi back in Anbu in place of Itachi.

"I feel as though Itachi would've been better. They seem happy with Itachi as their sensei and he's closer in age. I feel as though they will thrive under him, and Itachi would in turn loosen up a bit." Minato said and Shikaku kissed Minato on a the cheek.

"That is why you are Hokage." Shikaku said as he started filing away folders.

*