Hokage For The Day

"Naruto. What are you doing?" Shikaku had come to the Hokage tower prepared to be Hokage, because Minato is sick. Yet you can imagine his surprise when he walked in and Saw Naruto, Sasuke and Sakura in the tower, with their paperwork's in different stacks around the room. Naruto looked up, and tilted his head. He wore his glasses that he never wore because Naruto refused to believe that his eyes were getting bad.

Yet Naruto only needed them to read, he could see just fine.

"I'm Hokage today. You and Dad should rest. Team Seven can handle it today." Naruto said walking to his father. His hair was in a messy bun, and his wore a long sleeve shirt and pants. Sakura and and Sasuke seemed to be going over paperwork and nodding their heads as Naruto smiled at his father.

"Take the day off, spend some time together. Cook dad some soup, leave the village to us. Clearly as your Chunin, we are more than capable to help the shinobi." Naruto said and Shikaku sighed.

"Hokage and leadership is in your blood, from your dad and your mother. I'll leave it to you then. I'll tend to your dad." Naruto nodded, and Sakura held a stack of papers.

"This is all work the council should be doing, I'm going to take it to them now." Naruto nodded, and Sasuke called out.

"I sorted the missions and placed them on the table. Organized the cabinet, and cleaned off the desk. We might be able to take an early lunch." Shikaku tilted his head before chuckling.

"I'll make sure your dad pays you three. Thank you." Shikaku ruffled his youngest sons hair, before leaving but the door slammed open, and Sakura screamed.

"Stop forcing your duties on the Hokage father! I don't care if you are lazy have somebody else do it then!" Sasuke only sighed while Naruto chuckled. Shikaku saw his way out and Sakura rolled her eyes and spoke.

"I'm the Advisor today, and this is the new system your Hokage for the day wanted! So suck it up and finally do what you need to!" Sakura said and she stuck her tongue out.

Closing the door she saw Naruto chuckling and Sasuke looking over papers.

"Naruto you might want to read these. Something about a group? The Akatsuki." Naruto hummed and sat down. Reading papers that Orochimaru and Jiraiya seemed to gather.

The door opened and Team ten walked in. Sakura and Sasuke were standing next to Naruto, and Asuma bowed but looked and saw no Hokage in the building.

"I'm Hokage for the day. Naruto spoke without looking up, which made Shikamaru chuckle.

"Father sick?"

"Dad is sick. Probably overworked himself. This office was a mess when we came in. Report please." Naruto said as he continued to read the papers but listen to team ten at the same time.

"So the mission was a success." Naruto looked up.

"There's a reason that only Shikamaru was promoted too. You can't rely on him to pick up Ino and Choji's slack. Have you both pick a specialty beside your clans Jutsu's?" Ino shook her head and Choji nodded.

"What would you like Choji?" Naruto asked.

"Taijutsu, to make my Clan jutsu stronger." Naruto smiled and looked to Asuma.

"Find Guy Sensei and ask if he's willing to strengthen Choji along with Rock Lee. And for you Ino." Sasuke, Sakura and Naruto looked to Ino and she gulped in immediate fear.

"Fine a specialty in three days, track down a sensei and set up a training plan that won't conflict with Asuma. You aren't going to improve just depending on a male. Ask Sakura." Naruto said and Sakura scoffed but hummed.

"That's true, Naruto was generous enough to get me and Sasuke sensei's. That's why we are well above the plying field." Sakura said and team ten bowed.

"Dismissed then. Pick up Payment." Team Ten left and Shikamaru spoke.

"See you at dinner?" Naruto hummed.

"Yeah, Sasuke and Sakura are coming over." Shikamaru smiled.

"Sure." The door closed and Naruto looked to his teammates as they looked at the paper.

"There isn't much on the Akatsuki. A peace seeking organization looking to capture the Jinchuriki's." Sakura and Sasuke looked at how Naruto could say that so calmly.

"They have already captured all of them besides, me, the eight tales and Gaara." Sasuke sighed and folded his arms.

"Isn't Gaara the Kazekage now? Would he accept our help?" Naruto sighed and folded his arms.

Gaara hadn't said a word to him, they hadn't established a treaty, things were neutral. Naruto didn't like that. Naruto wrote out a letter and sent it to the Raikage and the Kazekage.

Calling for an Anbu to retrieve both scrolls, Naruto smiled and looked up at his teammates.

"Nobody is scheduled to come back till four. Would you both like to grab lunch?" Naruto said as Sasuke sighed.

"Sure, what are you in the mood for?" Sasuke said and Sakura and Naruto said in unison.

"Chicken over rice!" They both explained, and Sasuke only rolled his eyes, and latched onto Naruto's hand.

"Sure. Then I suppose we should finish the job." Sasuke said and Naruto smiled happily which earned him a small peck on his lips and Sakura cheering that they were getting her favorite.

The Next day when Minato and Shikaku walked in the office. It was super clean, organized and neat. When Minato sat at his desk there was a note explained what changed and why everything is neat.

Naruto explained what he worked out with the remaining Genin. To help them get the promotion and even gain a specialty.

Naruto also explained what he did with the Akatsuki and what the Akatsuki was. Minato eyes widened, as Shikaku started coffee and opened up the blinds.

"Naruto sent a treaty to both Kumogakure and Sunagakure. Telling them about the Akatsuki and what they suppose they should do to protect their Jinchuriki." Minato said to Shikaku and Shikaku hummed.

"An alliance, finally." Shikaku said and Minato nodded.

"Eliminating the Akatsuki should be each village's priority. Sending the Sannin to gather more information as well, and sending S-Rank Shinobi to kill them, and he made a list of S-Rank for the leaf." Minato said and Shikaku smiled.

"He's grown into a fine young adult huh?" Minato smiled and gave a humorous chuckle.

"He has, to think he's done this in a day. Truly a genius." Minato said complimenting his own son, to which Shikaku hummed.

"He is."

*