Chapter 25: The Book Of Letters (Part Three)

What would you do in the situation I was in? Run? Hide? Jump inside the locker that you probably couldn't fit in and end up nose diving onto the tile floor? Knock Byron out and hope he didn't remember a thing? All of the above?

I let out a defeated sigh and did what my heart was telling me to do. I knew my brain would get revenge on me later on, but it didn't make sense if I kept it in any longer.

"Yeah, I wrote it. "

Byron's face was non plus. As if he didn't expect me actually admit to it.

"Am I the only one who knows?" He asked

"No. So does Kelly." I answered, taking out my books and closing my locker shut.

"You didn't strike me as a girl with that much confidence. If Ms. High and Mighty finds out about this she'll probably make your life a living hell until you graduate."

I depressingly blew my hair out of my face and leaned on my locker with my books to my chest. "Tell me something I don't know. "

"Your hair is caught in your locker door." He said with a mused look on his face

At first I thought he was just pranking me, but when I pulled back lightly it was true. I let out a girly whimper from the slight pain. How did my hair even manage to get stuck? I struggled to get free and failed miserably. Byron let out a laugh before giving my locker a thump and it screeched open releasing my hair.

This school really needed a new locker security system if it was that easy to get in a locker.

"Thank you" I said rubbing the sore spot.

"Don't get too mannerly with me yet. What makes you think I'll keep this secret of yours? "

My eyes widened at his question. "Because we're going to be family. Isn't that what you just said?" I said nervously as he chuckled to himself

"I was kidding. As cruel as this might sound I'm not planning on letting your mom and my dad get too serious." He said, the playful smirk on his face disappearing

How could so much confusion hold in one person? I pushed the messy falling strands of my hair behind my ear and exhaled heavily.

"I don't want that to happen either, but if you're dad's anything like you; that's not going to last long. " And I did not want to see my mother drowning in break up articles, ice cream and Anne Hathaway movies.

He flashed me a grin "I'll take that as a compliment," 'And that's just it. I haven't seen my dad babble on about any other woman other than your mom."

"So if they do take this to extreme lengths we could become siblings?" I asked fearfully knowing the answer

And he nodded. "Then that's where you come in. My dad is planning on taking your mom to some fancy garden party after school."

"Weren't you suppose to be taking the squad shopping or something?" I ask remembering Bianca's offer.

"They have legs. They can walk" He says before continuing.

Looks like we weren't going shopping.

"All we have to do is make sure their date doesn't go well then poof. No step siblings. Or.."

Mom never told me about this new date and Ned sure knew how to capture a woman. I guess that's the perks of having money. I pondered over that cruel plan. Byron wanted to sabotage our parent's date just so we wouldn't become siblings and if I objected he'd tell everyone I wrote the letter. Either he really hated me or he didn't want some new mother figure.