Chapter 24: The Book Of Letters (Part Two)

The day that I had felt so vulnerable had finally came. To be more precise maybe desperate was the word. No, that's not it. I couldn't pinpoint the word now but when Sean took the book from Mike, let's just say some unnormal reflexes kicked in. And I did the only thing I could.

I tackled him.

My glasses on the verge of falling off. The moment his back connected with the grass the small book flew out of his and into the air. For a moment all three of the human beings around us stood stunned at what I did, but the moment didn't last long. I could hear one of the boys groan in pain, probably suffering from the kick that Kelly delivered between the legs.

Ouch

I didn't know which, but it probably was painful. "Give it, Luke!"

I could hear the two fighting for my book behind me. As I prayed they didn't tear it apart my eyes shifted onto Sean who lied there looking up at me dumbfounded.

"And you call yourself a football player." I smirked. Our faces were inches away. I scrambled onto my feet, but he grabbed my right ankle. "Let go!"

"No." He said with a still calm and confident tone, disregarding the fact that he was tackled by a girl thirty five seconds ago

"What the hell is going on?"

Everyone froze at the voice, well everyone except Luke and Kelly who were still battling for the book. I gasped when the book flew up once more and dropped onto the grass opened right in front of a pair of sneakers.

Byron's sneakers.

It was hard to tell if he read it or not since he picked it up so swiftly.

"Archer. Hey, mind throwing that book over here?" Sean asked as he got up to his feet and so did I.

"Sure it's not a little too girly for your taste, Sean.?" Byron smirked tossing the book to me which I struggled to catch, but I did.

My eyebrows wrinkled confusingly when the book landed in my hand. Why hadn't he gave it to his moronic friends?

"Way to ruin the fun, Byron." Sean grumbled as he helped Mike up who was surprisingly still on the floor from Kelly's kick. "You got owned by a girl." Sean teased, but Mike only huffed.

"You got tackled by one."

"Whatever. C'mon."

I watched as the three left then my eyes met Byron who seemed a bit out of it. "Th-Thanks." I said but what I really wanted to say was ''Okay, where are all the hidden cameras? You're still being nice to me. This is getting creepy!". He snickered at my apology before going off into the same direction as the three before.

*

(Madison Fall's P.O.V)

Being a new student was hard. You were worried about people accepting you and if you had made any friends or not. You'd worry about where you'd sit at lunch, if the teachers were nice to you or if you'd die on the first day. When I first came to Lincoln Vale no one said a single word to me. Before I joined the school's newspaper club Serena Eagan didn't even want to share the same air with me, but that all changed.

Soon she had invited me to sit with her at their table with the cheer  leading team. On conditions. I had to get dirt on everyone and I mean everyone. Not just students. That included staff members, teachers, facilities. Yeah, you know what I mean. It hurt when I was labelled for being the bitchy cat who'd do anything to get her hands or claws on some juicy gossip. Even if I had to bend a few true statements for her own nefarious purposes.