Chapter 34: This Cheerleader Has Secrets (Final Part Three)

"Sometimes the person you think is right for you isn't and sometimes the person you don't think is right for you really is. And then other times no one is. You're just meant to be single in my book."

- Some Grumpy 5sos Fan...

If you asked me what the highlight of the day was I'd say arriving home. My scrawny wrists had red marks on them from the dangling shopping bags and my feet were sore from walking so much. So in one word I was : exhausted. 

And confused. Don't forget confused. 

"Are you sure you want to stay home alone?" Kelly asked me as the car came to a halt in the front of my driveway. "Gabby is at soccer practice, Aubrey is doing whatever an Aubrey does and your mom ditched you guys without telling you she went on a date."

"Wow. Thanks for sugar coating it." I said sarcastically, looking out of the window. "Sounds better when you put it that way."

"Sorry."She apologized

"It's okay." I unlocked the car door and got out with my bags still in my grasp and Kelly's are in the trunk. 

"If you need me, just call." Kelly said in her good ol mom  tone. "You know your luck isn't the greatest." She mutters which I hear anyway. "Stay away from windows."

"Yes, mother." I say dryly, heading up the steps

"If some guy shows up asking for butter, hide!"

I laugh and shake my head at my random best friend. 

"I'll write it down!" I shout out as I take out the spare keys to our house.

"And-"

I open the door and sigh "Kelly. I'll be fine." I reassure her, turning around and watching as she starts up the vehicle once more.

After a small wave I go inside the house. I don't even bother putting the new clothing away and just drop the shopping bags near the front door. I make up my mind to take a shower then drown  myself in a marathon of Spongebob.

I remove my clothing and enter the shower. The hot water stream collides into my skin, releasing tension. I close my eyes, and the hot steam envelopes my body. As I wash the shampoo suds off me, the water sending them in little streams down my back and just for a second the drama all around me erases from my brain.

Surrounded with quietness the tranquility is broken by a strange noise outside of the bathroom. 

I brush the shower curtain aside and the water droplets from my hair pounces on the tile floor. 

I turn the shower valves and they screech which makes me even more terrified than I already am.

Where could the noise be coming  from?

I grab a huge white towel off of the rack and swaddle it around my body.

Maybe it's mom arriving back from her date or Kelly coming to check up on me. Is she really that over protective?

Fearing it's a butter criminal I grab the plunger beside the toilet and hold it up combat style. 

What? A plunger can do a lot of things.

I make my way out into the living room and realize the noise isn't coming from there, but further down the hall. The plunger in my grasp tightens as the noise feels like it's getting closer. It sounds like glass. I approach  my room and enter.