Chapter 36 : Party Countdown : Two Hours To Go (Part Two)

Chapter 36 : Party Countdown - Two Hours To Go (Part Two)

"A smile is the best makeup any girl can wear." - Marilyn Munroe 

After four failed consecutive attempts of reaching mom I gave up. ☎. Images of Jace's car as it drove off kept flashing in my mind. I now knew that it was a scientifically proven fact that when I'm around the opposite gender I act foolish and do foolish things. 

Shoving the cell phone in my pocket I sat on the sidewalk with mom's grocery bag to my side. Moments disappeared bit by bit. With my hand stuck under my chin that rested on my knee, I watched as people who had entered the Smile and Shop Mart after me came out.

People filling their back trunks with groceries and pushing carts leisurely. I drifted off to sleep until what felt like seconds after I was awoken by a sharp pain in my left toe. My eyes shot open instantly and I jumped up letting out a girly shriek while looking around for the cause of the pain.

An elderly couple had rolled their cart over my foot and hadn't even bothered to apologize. And what made it even worse was the female let out a not so subtle laugh while they wandered off to their red herbie buggy.

At the same time while rubbing my bruised pale toe that had a purple mark now I took a look at my watch. 

6:00 pm

Groggily rubbing my eyes I then came to a decision that I was in fact stupid while and after talking to the opposite gender as well. Who knows what danger I could have been in out here? What if some random black tinted van had smuggled me inside with a brown sac over my head?

I took out my phone to call Kelly and practically  did the most weirdest victory dance when I got a hold of her. Just hearing her voice made a wave of relief wash over me.

"Hello?"

"Kelly Clinfara Estavacia Willis."

"Okay, I am not taking one of those stupid phone questionnaires for whatever company this is."

"It's me. Cerise." I said in a deadpanned manner

"What? How'd you know my second middle name? I mean we've been best friends for a very  long time, but I don't think I've ever told you it."

I laughed "In case you haven't noticed, but our mothers are like twins. They both couldn't keep a secret if you paid them a million dollars."

"True that." Kelly muttered before asking "What phone are you using to talk to me? I didn't recognize the number."

I bit my lip in anticipation waiting to hear her squeal "Mom bought me a phone." 

And squeal she did. And I copied her action and before we knew it we were both squealing in unison. Except she probably was inside her room and I was getting stares from the bypassers entering the Smile and Shop Mart.

"Sorry." I mouthed to the security guard who too was giving me weird glances.

Going back to our conversation, deleting my happiness I said "But I'm at the nearest S.A.S.M. Galaway Ave. and I need you to pick me up."

"How'd you get there in the first place?" 

"Remember that pizza guy?"

I could hear Kelly making thinking sounds on the other line. How many pizza guys did she know?

"I think I do. The very very hot one."

"Yeah," I rolled my eyes, "His name is Jace. He drove me here, but I kinda let him leave and now I'm stranded and I really really don't feel like walking five blocks back."