Chapter 6: Partner. Oh, partner.

I stared at the furry cinnamon and white syrian hamster that happily wondered around its homely container. She looked so happy in her habitat. A happiness I envied.

"Have you decided what you're going to name it yet?" The voice asked.

I looked up to see Kelly and Vince coming towards me. She held the same housing container, but with a purple lid. A brown and white chunky hamster roamed around inside theirs, sharing the same happiness as mine.

"He's adorable." I cooed tapping the container, but she instantly moved it feigning offense.

"It's a she." She corrected bringing it back slowly

"Right. Don't you think it's too early to give it a name?" I ask, watching Vince scroll through his phone.

"Earth to Vince." Kelly waved her hand in front of his face.

"Yeah, what Kelly said." he said, his eyes still glued to the screen.

"But she hasn't said anything yet." I remarked, now laughing at how quickly his neutral expression changed to a panicked one when Kelly grabbed his phone.

"Hey!"

"Are you going to pay attention? " She asked him, distancing the device farther away as he edged closer.

He childishly pouted. His face was just adorable. His set of crystal blue eyes that seemed to twinkle like stars and absolutely put Kelly in some sort of trance.

"If you give me back my phone." he gambles

"Fine" She sighs, handing him the phone.

He then keeps his promise and puts his phone away, running a hand in his light brown hair tiredly.

"So what were we talking about?"

"Tell Cerise your brilliant name choice for our baby." Kelly smiles as his eyes widen at the sound of the last word. "The hamster." She says dryly

"Oh, right." He laughs. "What's wrong with Countess Chunk Face?"

"That's what you were planning on calling the hamster?" I asked in disbelief, trying to control my laughter.

"I'd be so sorry for her if she ever tried to get a job and put that on the resume." Kelly shivered hugging the container tightly

"What did you have in mind?" He asked her with folded arms

"Chizzy." She said, her darling dimples etching into her cheeks as she smiled when the name was said. "It's cute and simple" Kelly finished.

Vince strokes an invisible gotye and nods. "I like it." He then agrees.

"Now if I only had enough courage to go find my partner." I muttered, but Kelly heard me anyway.

"You need to go find Carter. " She says handing the container to Vince.

"No way. Not again." I shook my head

"What do you mean 'not again'? You went looking for him before?" She says wiggling her eyebrows mischievously

"No, actually. I found him and Serena behind the bleachers." I said trying to control the jealousy underneath my sleeves.

"Baking..cookies?.."Kelly asks awkwardly with an innocent smile.

I rolled my eyes."I'm just going to do this project alone and I absolutely don't need Carter's help." I say aloud

"Well. Where would the fun be in that?" The voice asked