Chapter 42: Carnivals Never Go Out Of Style (Part Two)

I'll love you forever - jokes, I can't live that long.' -

Chapter 42: Carnivals Never Go Out Of Style (Part Two)

"I'm telling you Cerise. I blacked out."

"And they shaved your eyebrow?" I almost choked on the plastic spoon in my mouth. After Jace and I left the school grounds he suggested going for ice cream before he dropped me home.

Jace shook his finger, "No, they shaved eyebrows." he corrected which made me laugh even harder than before. I took the spoon out of my mouth, stuck it in the center of the cookies and cream and rest the cup in the tray. To pass the time we had gotten caught up in his stories of him and some of his friends. This one was about a small party that he got drunk at and how his amazing friends shaved off both his eyebrows.

"Some friends you've got." I said, trying to control my laughter.

"I had to wait six months for them to grow back." He sighed with a firm grip on the steering wheel. "Six months!"

I leaned back in my seat, clutching my stomach. My head lazily turned to the side to admire his face. As usual his light brown hair was nearly blinding him. He was in desperate need of a haircut, some would say, but it was rather adorable than messy and his eyebrows did grow back like he said they did. They looked normal. His azure eyes looked at me skeptically.

"What?"

I shook my head. "Nothing."

My laughter had already been subsided and my mind instantly fell upon the deadline. I traced around the edges of my art book with my thumb, letting out a not so subtle sigh.

"What's that?" Jace asked, I could sense his eyes on the book. I didn't meet them, instead continued tracing the edges of the book.

"It's nothing." I replied.

"But it says art book." He stretched. "If it were nothing, it would probably say nothing."

I did a half smile. "Where are you going with this?"

He smirked, "Where are you going with this?" He repeated my question.

I let out a defeated sigh, "Fine, it's my art book."

"Well I've gathered that information from the huge bold words that say art book. Why do you look like somethings wrong?"

I really didn't feel like talking about the deadline. The fact that I had been so careless with school events, knew I was in the competition and didn't bother to keep myself up to date with things made me want to just break down here and now.

"There's this huge art competition coming up, I was entered and the deadline is in three days." I answered.

"Ahhh..that Art Competition. So what's the problem?"

"I haven't started a thing."

"Ouch."

"Yeah." I frowned as a silence dawned over the car. Great, now I've made everything horrible and grim with my personal problems.

"Have you tried backing out?" He asked, "I'm not telling you to." He said hurriedly, "Just in case you can't handle the pressure."

I could feel the tears welling up, but I refused to let them out. I refused to let them tumble down the hills that would be my pale cheeks. "I'm not going to back out and let so many people down."

He copied my frown, a glint of sympathy shone in his eyes, "So what are you going to do?"

I did a one shoulder shrug. "I don't know, but backing out isn't an option."