Chapter 5

Jon's POV:

It was morning time and I woke up to Whitley jumping up on the bed next to me. He started walking around on the bed until he felt comfortable. The next thing I felt, he stepped on my leg. It hurt like hell. He's a huge dog, clingy, in turn, him stepping on me was bound to be painful.

"Oww! Shit!" I yelled out in pain.

I must've screamed loud enough because I saw Julia running into my bedroom. She rushed over to the side I was laying on in the bed. I assume she was worried because I did yell loudly. Haha, oops.

"Jon! Are you okay?" She asked worriedly, rubbing my forehead.

"Yeah, I'm okay. It's just that Whit, he stepped on my leg. You see he is a big ass dog, so him stepping on me hurts pretty bad," I laughed softly.

"I heard you screaming and I got really worried about you, Jon!" Jules looked into my eyes as I sat up on the bed, the comforter still around my bottom half.

Dammit, can she leave the room? I'm only in my sweatpants and quite frankly, I don't want her to see me in those. That'd be just really awkward, ha.

"I know that this might've been me overstepping my boundaries, but I ordered some breakfast! I wasn't sure what you liked or anything, but I did buy pancakes from that Pancake Pantry place that's on Molloy Street or something along those lines. I bought us some because it's my favorite- I go to that restaurant every single time I visit Nash, so this isn't shocking coming from me," Julia giggled. "Oh, and it's a good hangover meal."

Thank God she left. I need to change clothes... I got up off my bed, closing and locking my bedroom door just so she wouldn't barge in unexpectedly again.

I got changed really quickly in the clothes that I felt comfortable wearing which meant I was finally in "decent shape". After going over to my bed and shoving my iPhone in my back pocket, I unlocked and opened my bedroom door, walking downstairs to smell one of the best scents in the world, food.

"I smell food!" I exclaimed as I walked into the kitchen and grabbed what she had gotten for me from the counter.

"Yeah, your food is on the counter in the kitchen by the way! Not unless you already retrieved it!" Julia yelled from the living room.

I had already picked it up and so I walked into the living room, taking a seat on the recliner. Look, it's my most favorite thing in the world. My brother bought it for me as a housewarming gift when I had first moved into this house.

"Thanks for bringing by some food, you didn't have to do that, you know?" I grabbed the food out of the takeout bag and started eating it.

"Aww, but I wanted to! I figured you were probably hungover just like I was!" Julia giggled, taking tiny nibbles of her own food.

"Yes ma'am, you'd be correct. I woke up with a horrible headache... Yet again. I'm not drinkin' with you again," I joked while I took yet another bite of my meal.

Julia's POV:

Ugh, I swear that damn boy is gonna be the death of me, one day. He has a strong liver to be drinking a lot all of these nights. And he has the audacity to say he isn't drinking with me again! He sure is funny. He's the one who suggested going to the bar the night we met, and to drink wine last night!