Please, Don't Speak That Way(Tyler Carter and Michael Bohn fanfic)

Tyler's POV

My name is Tyler Carter. My dream was to be in a band with my best friend, Rachel. Rachel and I had been best friends for a really long time. And we had been friends for a while before I heard her voice. She was very talented. I admired her for her voice, talent, everything. She really was an awesome person.

She was up until about a week ago, at least.

We had planned to meet up and write music. We had heard from many record labels talking about signing on to them. We were very happy to be getting to the point where we needed to be. Our rising point was just a mile ahead of us. We were ready to take on the world. We were ready to be the next big thing.

I got a call. The worst call of my life, to be exact. Rachel's sister called to tell me that she had just been hit by a drunk driver.

That was it.

I'm done with music, now. I'm not going to do it without her. It wouldn't be fair. The music wasn't mine is was ours. I continue telling myself 'Fuck music.' I can't continue a career without the person who motivated me and pushed me to do it.

Right now, I'm sitting in the Auburn University office. I'm enrolling here to learn to be a psychiatrist. That's what I want to do.

My phone rang and I almost didn't answer, but for some reason I did. And I am very happy I did.

"Hello?"

Is this the one and only Tyler Carter?

"Uh, yes. Who is this?"

This is Craig Ericson, owner of Rise Records. We'd like to sign you, Mr. Carter. Let's do it!

"Wait, wait, what?" I said, shocked. "I don't think I shou-"

I stopped myself before making a huge mistake. This might be my only chance. I have to take it. I got out of the chair I was sitting in and walked out of that office and out of that school.

"I would love to sign on with you guys!"

--

Now, I'm sitting in the office I should be sitting in.

I spent about an hour speaking with Craig Ericson about my career.

We talked about a band. He said that if I wanted to be in a band I would need to find members on my own or I could be an individual singer. He told me I'm talented enough to do either. I told him that I would find members for a band.

He told me about a screamer named Michael Bohn that recently signed on to Rise. I guess Michael is looking to be in a band as well.

I signed a piece of paper and bam! I'm signed to an actual label.

--

I got home. I searched Michael Bohn on YouTube. He is formally the Woe, is Me screamer. That makes sense. I knew I had heard his name from somewhere.

(A/N: I am aware that this isn't really how they met.)

I shot him an email.

"I have just heard from Craig Ericson that you're looking to be in a band. I just signed to Rise. I sing and I could send you some of my work. Maybe we could meet sometime and maybe look into starting a band. Let me know as soon as you can if you would be interested!

Thanks,

Tyler Carter."

I sent the email. I may not get a response for a while, so I shut my computer off and began jotting down random lyrics that came to mind.