A new friend ( Chapitre 35 )

Izuku didn't say a word. She remained silent. Even though All for One seemed to want to show his affection by hugging her like this, he was actually afraid to face the girl's gaze. For several seconds, they stood still like this. Shigaraki (I'm sure you've forgotten about him), looked at the scene with mixed feelings. He didn't know what to say or do. Even though for Izuku, the time it took her to assimilate her memories seemed like more than an hour, in reality only a few seconds had passed.

"There were always things Sensei didn't want me to know, but this time..."

He put his hand on his chest and squeezed his heart. He really didn't know who was hurting him the most. Even though he had noticed his disciple's reaction, All for One focused on Izuku. This action broke the boy's heart.

"Who's my father then?" Izuku asked. "Where is he?"

"..... He's dead. I killed him."

"It has something to do with what happened to me, doesn't it? You would never have done anything to make my mother sad."

"You're very smart. Your father was a scientist who was fascinated by other alter. What he wanted more than anything was to create an alter of his own. Tss, you crazy bastard. He was convinced that with your mother's genomes, he could create something being capable of receiving these test subjects."

"... me."

"Yes. He was using black market drug money to fund his project and I could only figure out what he was doing by randomly discovering one of his products. Unfortunately, it was already too late. He was putting drugs in your meals every time he visited, and I didn't understand that until you were two."

"... What are the side effects?"

The man smiled bitterly and then spoke again.

"There was supposed to be none... Until you died. One of the alters he created is something even I didn't think was possible. His name is Phoenix. It allows its user to complement, renew and even strengthen cells at each brain death. That day you died as a result of using your alter. I didn't realize that until shortly after my recovery. The first use of this alter completely disturbed the balance in your body. It not only prevented you from activating your alters, but also caused your cells to degenerate much faster than normal. Even if your brain cannot completely die, the rest of your body will be unusable and you will surely go into an artificial coma. At that point, even if your cells can be renewed, you will never be able to wake up. Even I can't steal artificially created alters. "

"... I... How much time do I have left?"

"Normally you can only live for 25 years before you get sick and die, but after years of searching, I realized something. The only way for you to get a normal life expectancy would be to die long enough to have a body strong enough to last longer. You would need a sudden and very quick death that would immediately kill the nerve cells in your brain to kill it immediately. Since your second death, your regenerative powers have been activated, so this kind of death is necessary so that your healing powers don't interfere with the process."

"Yuei's teachers told me that the person who assaulted me that day gave me a very powerful poison. It was you who sent it, wasn't it?"

"Yes, I did."

All for One saw no point in lying since they both already knew the truth.

"Is my gender change a side effect too?"

"Sigh." Your father was very deceitful, but at least he really loved your mother. Because he felt bad about what he did to you, he introduced a gender reassignment alter to you at age four. Because of the alter Phoenix, that alter couldn't activate until recently."