/6\

Chapter 6 - Never Tear Us Apart

Axel.

Axel stopped in his tracks and saw me. He smiled at me, slowly. "S-sorry Axel woke up late." I lied.

"No need to apology, Luna. The Alpha'll understand." Axel said, rolling his eyes. He looked annoyed.

"I got you something for your birthday, by the way." He said, and I smiled.

"Axel. You didn't have to, really. Our friendship is a present itself." I tell him, honestly. It was the truth, since us being reunited it was a gift that I enjoyed.

His company made me more relaxed, his voice soothed me, his touch made me crave for more.

I swear it was as if, we were mates ourselves. I laughed mentally and bitterly. I would've loved to be his.

But as if I was his mate. Though the thought alone caused my heart to leap.

He brought out a gift from his pocket, a small box with my name written in fancy calligraphy. He looked at me, I smiled at him nervously, wondering what was in the small box.

"Promise me, Luna. You'll open it, once you're alone. Away from the world, if you must. Promise me, Arielle. I might not be able to hold you close for awhile." And so he held me, close. I listened to his heart beating in his chest.

His heart beat was like a strange dark sad lullaby and I was part of the source of it. He breathed in deeply inhaling my scent.

"I want to protect you in the best way I can." He hugged me tighter. "But I don't believe I can... at least, not yet." He said, his voice so soft and sad it had me crumpled inside.

I held it in, bottled up my wicked truth that I was hiding behind a neutral facial expression. I love him, I hoped he was my mate.

I breathed in his overwhelming scent that sent comfort. I wanted to just look him in the eyes to determine if he was my mate. But at the same time, I wanted to let it be left a mystery to myself.

If I was his mate, I would pack everything and leave with him in a hurry. Leave my friends, family, everyone I deeply lived to be with the one I was destined for.

I hugged him, until tears poured from my eyes. I wanted to know, why leave me? Why? Why, when I'm in this state? I was emotionally unstable hiding it with a cool expression.

He knew. He knew, that's why he held me. He knew how I felt, he knew I didn't want him to ever go. He knew I was reaching my breaking point while I didn't even realize it myself.

The cold hard truth washed over me. All this time, all these years. Axel was my mate and I was to obvious to that fact.

It hurt, so badly. I cried, I soaked his white shirt with my tears and I hugged him. I hugged him until I felt better, and that took awhile, I wanted to stay in his arms. To stay in the place where I felt more at home than my actual home, the place that made me release many emotions I only allowed him to see.

"I love you..." He whispered, kissing my forehead. I shook with surprise, but it felt natural and wonderful.

Axel was turning me into a girl, a girl who wanted to just be with him. I was always that girl. But it was deeper than that, I was now a girl who wanted to be loved and it scared me.

I was always loved by family but besides them, it was no one. Girls were jealous and boys feared all because of me. Only Axel actual showed he cared and loved me, just for me. The first person to befriend me.

"I love you too..." I said, pulling him closer to me. He kissed me, fully. On the lips, he kissed, licked, nipped, possibly anything he could do to them.

The passionate kiss felt like Heaven. My secret escape from everything. I moaned and he groaned. We were both enjoying this.

It sadden me, he knew I was his for almost two years and he never once claimed me. Why? Why didn't you?

"You mean so much to me. I'm sorry I never told you." Our eyes locked, his beautiful eyes looking at my boring ones.

Why are you leaving me? Why can't you stay? Don't you love me?

"Of course I love you. That's why I'm leaving, so I can protect you. So Alpha can leave you alone. I never realized how much he secretly was obsessed with you." He chuckled darkly. "I'm going to murder him." My eyes widen. What?

"His desires for you, my love, are sickening. To know how much he hated me, once he discovered my feelings for you." He whispered.

"Within a month's time. Ill be back. We have a meeting, an important one. And I promise, Ill never let anything tear us apart. That's a promise."

"Okay. I believe you." I whispered. We detangled ourselves. "Open the gift when I'm gone and while you're alone." He told me, once again.

Two worlds collided.

Don't ask me, what you know is true. Don't have to tell you, that I love your precious heart.

I never attended the meeting, I forgot the reason I was even there once Axel held me close.

But I left the room and sat on my bed. Thinking of everything that happen, thinking of us - our future.

I face palmed myself. "I need to rest." I laid down and closed my eyes and waited. But sleep never came. Whenever I forced myself to sleep I never can go, but when I least expect it I'm sleep.

I sighed. I turned my stereo on and played my current favorite song. I Know Places by Taylor Swift.

I swear this girl can write music. She's so talented. "You stand with your hand on my waistline..." She sung.

<*>

"Just grab my hand and don't ever drop it, my love..." The song echoed. I didn't want Axel to let me go.

Axel had my hand and we were running, he was in front of me leading me deeper within the woods.

Hunters were behind us. It was a game we played. "I know places we won't be found in! " He told me.

I laughed as we hid. He held me close to him and we both breathed heavily. We ran so long.

This memory...

We hid and once we were found, he still protected me.

He always wanted to protect me, even we were just kids playing a game. He made sure I wasn't hurt.

Did he always know I was his mate?