BETA

\\Preface: Today//

Today started like any other. Boring once being awoke then slowly gaining my interest. But I felt different, well besides the fact that a wolf was in me.

Typical werewolf story, is that thought racing through your head? I hope so. But then again, this isn't your typical werewolf now, I understand I just introduced myself as a werewolf but at least I didn't say:

"Hi, I'm Arielle WaterCrest. I have long brown hair that stops at my back, curves that are everywhere, and forest green eyes. I'm 5'4 in height, I know pretty short, right? But anyways I'm a werewolf! That's why I'm so amazingly hot."

But it would be written with lots of grammar issues, periods that are everywhere, capitalization that don't exist. This lady and gentleman is why most werewolf stories are terrible. Plus they tell the whole story within the first few paragraphs.

People now actually tell our stories differently from how an actual werewolf would tell it, mainly because its a human behind the keyboard. Most stories tell part of the truth, most stories don't. One thing must keep in mind is, this is my story. Not Hazel's and Gus, Romeo and Juliet, or even Harry and Tessa ( >_

Ugh. Fan-fiction is taking over the world.

But this is a story, it involves love. Actually it involves heartbreak at first, then love. This love is like falling asleep, slow at first and then all at once. (John Green)

This 'Typical Werewolf Story' starts with heartbreak then slowly love develops. Did I word that correctly? I always was in love with this person. This person who was my best friend, but now has changed over time mainly because of the friends he developed. Yet, my feelings stayed the same, almost stayed the same because, they only grew.

Grew within each waking moment. Loving someone never felt so right. But I'm not so sappy person, nope! Not one bit, I may seem like it because of the beautiful words that I just chose to say for you. But I'm not.

Also, just because this starts with heartbreak doesn't mean I just rejected because I didn't, nor was he.

Now, chose wisely. Do you want to take the rise of reading? You could always back down now.

*

"Arielle, it's time for the courting."

Courting, used in the previous sentence is as in forced marriage. Terrible thing, I know. But once a female werewolf is already the age and doesn't have a mate, she is forced to marry into money. Money for her family.

The male she is being arranged to marry usually picks her. This isn't any type of courting though, it's for my best friend, Elesa.

I tried saving her one to many times. People actually listened to me, the Pack Slut. That's what I was called only because I flirted with cute boys who were [sometimes] shirtless, I'm still a virgin don't worry.

I sighed, tying the ribbon stronger on my waist but it wouldn't stay.

"Let me help." I froze, that voice. That sexy voice that always causes me to melt, the voice that always drives my insides wild, the voice that -

"S-sure, Axel." I said, as he tied the ribbon on my waist. Once he was done I turned and looked at him. He just stared, gaping at me.

"You look beautiful as ever, Arielle." My cheeks turned red, for the first time in years they were flushed. And it was all because of him, because of Axel.

"Thanks, you look as... as handsome as ever." Talking to him, always made me talk and feel funny. His beautiful God-like face, and dark brown eyes made my wiggle inside.

He smiled, "Thank you, Arielle. I'm glad you said it," He smiled again. "...instead of those sluts." I cringed and looked downward.

"Arielle. The whole pack knows you're still a virgin, we're all waiting until next Monday to find out whose your mate." He spoke husky. "If it was, I who was your mate. I would make love to you as soon as possible, I would, if you're ready, that is." He blushed a deep red.

"I swear you act as if I wasn't your best friend before freshmen year." I exclaimed. He frowned at me, he knew it hurt quite a bit when he stopped talking to me and then announced in front of the pack that he was no longer my friend.

"Arielle I -"

"I have to get going, Axel." I said, suddenly. I walk out the room and sigh. Axel and I haven't talked since the summer before freshmen year, then after that he... he changed, well besides the transforming into a wolf every now-and-then. He changed, more cold to people unlike he used to be.

He used to be more nicer, always smiling, treating everyone the same except me.That's mainly why I fell in love with him, he never once treated me like how he treated the other girls. He was obvious to the girls who told a liking toward him, now he's cocky, he alway knows when a girl like him, sadly he still doesn't know my feelings. He hooks up with her, sleeps with her for the entire week, then moves on to another.

I fell in love with him like how you need to eat, always, and nonstop.

*

The dress I wore to the Courting was silky. It was blood red, the ribbon I tied on it was a lighter red. The dress showed all my curves, and was tighter on my waist then any other place. The dress was floor-length, I tripped a few times over it, luckily not falling.

The heels I wore were glass, I felt like effing Cinderella in these. I don't know how she could walk in these besides the fact that she's animated. I tripped and someone caught me.

Sparks flew, tingles, and all.

Kidding, lol. Did I get you? I hope I did.

"Sorry, Alpha Dolton. This dress and these heels, aren't really my best. I only wore them when needed and last time I wore these I was fourteen. I just realized, my feet have been a size five for like ever!" I talk a lot, as you can clearly see, the Alpha understands.

He's 21 going on 22 in a few months. He's mate less at the moment, and he said today is the day, he'll announce who he's courting.

"It's fine, Arielle." He said, after chuckling. "Elesa, asked me to send for you. She seemed upset."

That one statement had me taking my heels off and racing to her dressing room. "Elesa! Are you okay?" She was with her husband-to-be {Ew! He's in his 40s}

She had a huge mark on her face. "Bitch!" He slapped her. "How dare you lie and say you found your mate!"

"But... I did." She gasped for air.

I chucked my heel at his head. He almost fell, he turned to face me but blacked down when I hit him with the heel. He was from another pack, but I doubt they handled their women like that.

"Lets go." We rushed to the hall where the courting would be held. Gasped followed us once they seen Elesa's face.

"Abolin, did this to Elesa!" I shouted at them. Some looked unsure. I pulled out my phone. Long story short, I had been recording since Axel and I were talking.

"...I would make love to you as soon as possible, -" I blushed and so did Axel. I moved on pass that part and they soon heard what Elesa had been going through.

Her parents sobbed and hugged her tightly. "We're sorry, baby." They said. A male walked over to her and kissed her. I supposed it was her mate, she found.

Alpha Dolton touched my shoulder. "Elesa, I hope you are alright. But, the courting wasn't the only reason we were here." He said.

"I wanted to announce your future Luna, Arielle WaterCrest." My eyes widen, people clapped and cheered for me but I wasn't happy.

Axel smiled at me, but his smile look unhappy and forced.

I turned to Alpha Dolton, kicked him in the balls and ran.

"One of the million reasons I love her." He said to the crowd. They laughed and clapped some more. I just continued to run away.

"Idiot!" I yelled. Because yelling solved, everything.