Chapter 25-A Night In

Kalea's POV

I was pacing back and forth in the waiting room, thoughts racing through my head.

"Kalea calm down, he's going to be fine," Louis said trying to settle me.

"I know he'll be fine," I said, "but I'm worried about who did this to him! Niall's strong, he'll push through, but when I find out who did this, I swear..."

"Swear what? Kalea, I know you're trying to help but what can we do? Niall wouldn't want you to get hurt nor would I! What he would want is for you to leave it alone and let him handle it himself, asking for help only when he needs it," Louis said.

"I know, I know, it's just, I really care about him."

"I know and he's going to be back out here any minute."

As if on cue, the doctor came into the room, and Louis and I stood up in anticipation.

"Cat," I said nudging her out of a trance.

She slowly stood up too.

"Are you here for Niall Horan?" the doctor asked.

"Yes," we answered eagerly.

"Well, good news, he's doing just fine. He just needed some stitches and bandages here and there and we need to put a brace on his arm. Nothing broken, just putting it there for safety. We need to schedule more appointments with him to keep checking up on how he is, but right now he's fine. They're just finishing up checking if he has any head injuries, and he should be out in a few! He's lucky you found him when you did. There wasn't too much loss of blood, but he has some battle scars left on his face. As his friends I would hope you take care of him well and be careful with him. Do you know where his parents are? They need to sign some papers," the doctor said.

"They're on their way. I was just talking to his mom," I told the doctor.

"Good to know. Niall should be out soon so sit tight," he said leaving the room.

"See Kalea, he'll be fine," Louis said reassuring me once again.

"Yeah I know," I said frustrated and turned away.

"Kalea wait," he said grabbing my arm.

"Ow!"

"What? I didn't mean to hurt you," Louis said letting go, being more cautious and gentle.

"Nothing," I said hiding my arms behind my back. I couldn't let him see.

"Kalea, what is it. Show me."

"No...I...I...can't," I said whispering carefully to make sure nobody could see.

"Please, I'm not going to hurt you," Louis said outstretching his arms to pull mine from behind my back.

I slowly and hesitantly brought my arms forward.

He took my hands into his own arm ones and gently rolled up my sleeves.

Covering my arms were purple-and-black dots and splotches left from my encounter not too long ago.

I felt his soft fingers gently pass over each bruise so carefully that I could barely feel his touch.

"Who..." he started getting angry, "who did this to you..."

I looked at him with sorrow in my eyes. I can't tell him! She'd do worse to me! She'd put me through more pain.

"I...I..."

"Kalea," he said, his grip getting tighter, not enough to hurt me though, "I wouldn't let anyone harm you, but you need to tell me who to protect you from."