Chapter 6-Friends With Benefits

Kayla's P.O.V.

I smiled exiting the cafeteria on my way to my locker as I read the texts from Kalea and Lizzie.

DETAILS! But later...have fun ;)

-K

WHO?! Spill!!!

-LM

What am I supposed to tell them? I always tell them about my hookups and boyfriends. Just lie. What they don't know doesn't hurt, says one voice in my head. They will love you no matter what! You can trust them! says the other.

Kalea has always been such a great friend to me. She is definitely considered one of my best friends. I have so many memories with her throughout high school.

I remember the day I met her in freshmen year. She was so outgoing and friendly with everyone. I, on the other hand, was introverted and quiet.

FLASHBACK

I hate school. Absolutely despise it. I don't understand why I am forced to go. I don't learn shit there and nobody wants to talk to me anyway.

It has already been a week since I began stupid high school. I have talked to absolutely no one. No reason to anyway. This place is for preppy kids who only care about themselves!

I just want to get through the torture. Focus on studies, not peers.

Walking into biology, I sat next to my lab partner. I think her name was Kalea or something. Similar to my name, but pronounced like "kah-lee-ah."

She's already some really pretty popular girl with a lot of friends. She's always trying to talk to me and open up. I know she's trying to be kind, but I don't think that's going to get me to talk to her.

She should just give up on me. It's not like I'm interesting. She would find me boring like everyone else sees me.

"Kayla?"

Oh here we go again.

"Yeah?"

"We should plan when to meet for this project. We wouldn't want to fail the first assignment they give us, right?"

"Oh yeah. Okay."

I completely zoned out when class had started! What project? I hate group activities! They require me to...interact.

"So tonight? Is 5 okay?"

"Yeah sounds good. Just text me your address," I say as I give her my number.

I almost didn't remember what my number was. I don't give it out to many people, and that's only because nobody ever asks me.

Later at Kalea's; Still FLASHBACK

I rang the doorbell once I got to her front door. I was greeted by a cute curly haired boy with a lot of resemblance to Kalea. His eyes were a bright green unlike hers though.

"Hi," he said with a cheeky smile.

"Um, hi is Kalea there?"

"Am I not good enough for you?" he said with a cute little pout. He almost looked like a puppy.

"Harry!" Kalea said appearing at the door, "Leave the poor girl alone. Come on in Kayla. Just ignore my idiot brother."

"Hey I have feelings too!"

"Just go back to your room with Zayn. Kayla and I have work to do."

"How are you going to even concentrate with Liam up there with you?"